XBooks

Home Forums XBooks Xbooks

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  hensonneilneil 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

James Naylor
    Participant

I have downloaded the trial of Xbooks and installed it on a Windows 2008 R2 Remote Desktop server running Excel 2010. The installation reported that it completed successfully, but when I launch excel the xbooks module wasn’t present, only the updates. I checked the COM Add-ins and Xbooks was unticked. When I check the status it says that there was a runtime error on loading. I tried the addin reset procedure by removing and trying to readdm but when I read it, it says that it is not a valid Office add-in module.

Is this supported on Excel 2010?

James Naylor
    Participant

I tried to install it on a Windows 8 Pc with Excel 2013 and had the same problem. I fired up an old Windows 2003 server with Excel 2007 on it and it installed fine. I am guessing it has not kept up with the new versions of Office.

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

XBooks is supported with Office 2010 and 2013 but you must be using the 32 bit version of Excel.

curt finch
    Participant

i am on excel 2013 32bit part of ms office home and biz 2013

i got it to retrieve a list of GL accts successfully

but if i click on ‘report tool’ it gives me a ‘excel has stopped’ error immediately and tries to restart excel.

i would like to make it work…..

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

We are currently looking into this problem.

Loren Kirkes
    Participant

I am having the same issue as described by Mr. Finch. I have successfully downloaded the software, installed it, and made the link to QB. I am having problems attempting to Generate a Report or Get Report Data. I do know the link works because I was able to retrieve a list of GL Accounts. I get the “Excel has stopped working” error message. Information included with the crash includes the following files:

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\443446289.cvr
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\CVR4EB6.tmp.cvr
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7568.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8D9A.tmp.appcompat.txt
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\WER96EE.tmp.mdmp

lanelockard23
    Participant

Has anyone figured this out yet? I’m having the same issue.

lanelockard23
    Participant

I guess I will assume that you guys are not going to get this going anytime soon and will move on to another solutions…

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

We are in the process of re-working this product to make it more stable in a Windows 8/Office 2013 environment.

hensonneilneil
    Participant

Yes, its supported

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.