OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Why oh why can't we schedule a specific day synegration??

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

rob5
    Premium Member

I can’t even describe how frustrating using this software has been.

Question, why ohh why can’t we schedule a specific day to run a task? Why do I have to wait until Sunday to actually enable the task to run just to get it to run on Sundays???

That is just NOT thoughtfull software design at all in my opinion.

To make matters worse the “every 7 day” timer is not reliable, meaning if for some reason the task runs late the next run then runs late pushing into mondays permamnently.

Nope NOT IMPRESSED.

When or if can we expect an actual day setting Synegration? Mean Run on monday or Tuesday?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Sorry for your frustration but it a way to do that. You just only need to ask us. If you want to run a task every day or one a week or so on. You want to use windows task scheduler with “OSRun.exe”, you don’t have to create a schedule task. Just create a regular task and open windows task scheduler (Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8986eNlXjos to learn how it works, In the argument you can put the task name). This will do it. I hope this solves your situation.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Best Regards,

rob5
    Premium Member

You want me to use Windows Task Scheduler? Think about that. It will only launch the OSRun.exe but we have multiple tasks within Opensync, I dont want them all to run on Sunday via Windows Task Scheduler, it appears to me this will not run a specific task within OpenSync so this is not a workable solution as far as I understand it.

Again, this should be wihtin your software..

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

It will run a specific task. That is why you have to put the task name as you named in OpenSync in the argument. Watch the video and try it. This is not a test. Other peoples are using this way. Can you give it a try please?

rob5
    Premium Member

Is this right? See screenshots please.

Attachments:

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

yes, it looks right. If you task is named “Populate”

rob5
    Premium Member

See attachment, the red arrow, this is the name I assume I am supposed to use in the task scheduler right?

Also do I need to keep the windows task scheduler open/running or does it run in the background even if the window is closed? I assume it can be closed since there are allot of other tasks it seems to be running already and I never opened it yet.

Attachments:

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

perfect. The only thing that you will need is the computer turned on. It will run in the background. You don’t even need to be logged in.

rob5
    Premium Member

This is a VM ware slice so its running all the time and Administrator is always logged in. Ok lets hope this works. Thanks.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

It will work. Keep me posted please.
    Best Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.