OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync WAY TO SYNC NEW VENDOR AND BILL TOGETHER IN SINGLE SYNC

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Howard Katz 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

gurtejsingh
    Participant

I am using MS ACCESS form to enter a bill. Syncing is working fine with existing vendor. I encountered a problem when syncing new bill and new vendor together. When I run sync, Vendor gets added to vendor list but bill got an error (error msg shows the IDKEY not matched). I figured out the problem, It was quickbooks assigned the new vendor _listid to the vendor after the sync and bill was having old vendor List id (initial). It also changed the STATUS column to ERROR. upon next sync this transaction will not be uploaded because of missing STATUS column is Error instead of ADD.
    I tired to choose option for clear STATUS column on success. It leaves the status ADD on bill but wipes out the vendor from bill table record. which is hard to find later.
    Please suggest a solution which enable me add both Vendor and Bill without additional steps every time.

regards

Howard Katz
    Premium Member

FOR SYNERGRATION:

Here’s a thought. Rather than having OpenSync processing tables alphabetically (Bill comes before Vendor), why not process all the static tables first (Account, Customer, Employee, Item, Vendor), and THEN process the transactions? That would eliminate this pesky issue.

Could this change be that hard to program?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.