OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Updating customer to a sub-customer (job) TO QuickBooks

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  spestillo 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

LessPaperCo
    Participant

We have OpenSync connected to a remote MySQL server and we’re trying to get the ability to create customers/update customers working properly.

Specifically trying to get a customer to be a child. On the child we’ve tried setting ParentRef_ListID and ParentRef_FullName both individually and together and every time OpenSync connects to sync them it just overwrites all the data without actually updating the customer to be a child of the parent. Updating other information (ie, email) correctly sends that information over but the parentref will not stick.

Are we setting these fields incorrectly?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Which version of OpenSync are you using? Are you setting the STATUS field to UPDATE? the running an update task?

LessPaperCo
    Participant

Most recent version, yes I set the status field to UPDATE and ran the task. It “updates” and I get a new TimeModified but it removes the ParentRef_ListID and ParentRef_FullName and sets the sublevel back to 0 again automatically.

Not a huge deal – just told my client that they can’t do that and, since it isn’t need often, it won’t be too big of a deal for them to do it through QuickBooks.

I also noticed that the UserData field does not work as intended – I saw that other posts said the same thing and nothing has been done to fix it yet which is disheartening and the primary reason I decided to start purchasing this for our clients (one right now, two others over the next couple of months, countless more in the future). Now we have to try and link things in a rigged way but it works until that starts working.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

We are working on it. Sorry for the inconveniences about UserData field.

LessPaperCo
    Participant

Thank you!

spestillo
    Participant

Did the issue with the UserData field ever get resolved?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

UserData field is not supported yet by OpenSync. Sorry for the inconveniences.

spestillo
    Participant

You really should update your website then.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.