Home Forums CoreObjX / DB SYSTEM.TYPELOADEXCEPTION THE SIGNATURE IS INCORRECT

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pistle2020 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

admin28
    Participant

Not sure why my earlier post is unreadable.

Here is the gist:

Receiving the below error message when trying to open a connection to Quickbooks.

var qb = new CoreObjX80.QBConnection();

I don’t know what is causing this. I’ve installed and tried to use two different versions of CoreObjX80 and CoreObjXDB80, rebuilt my project after adding/re-adding references.

I don’t know if it is related, but I am also receiving an error message when testing using the rqTest.exe included with the CoreObjX installation. Screenshot attached.

Please if anyone can figure out what is going on here, I would appreciate it greatly. I can’t wait to actually be able to USE this.

—————————————

System.TypeLoadException: The signature is incorrect.
    at ********.*********************.Services.QuickBooks.QbCustomerService.Connect()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
    at ********.*********************.Services.QuickBooks.QbCustomerService.Connect()
    at ********.*********************.Controllers.QuickBooks.QbCustomersController.Connect() in C:\Users\****\repos\****\src\Controllers\QuickBooks\QbCustomersController.cs:line 25
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.TaskOfIActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionMethodAsync>g__Awaited|12_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, ValueTask`1 actionResultValueTask)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeNextActionFilterAsync>g__Awaited|10_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync()
    — End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeFilterPipelineAsync>g__Awaited|19_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware.<Invoke>g__AwaitRequestTask|6_0(Endpoint endpoint, Task requestTask, ILogger logger)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.AuthorizationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.DeveloperExceptionPageMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

admin28
    Participant

I seem to have resolved this issue, here is the solution for anyone seeing this in the future.

I stumbled upon some Microsoft documentation that says I needed to set the COM Reference Properties to ‘Embed Interop Types’ to ‘Yes’. It defaulted to blank when the reference(s) were added.

Pistle2020
    Participant

So, if you restarted and it works, can we assume the problem has worked itself out?
    If not then rerun your app inside the debugger and post the callstack for when the exception occurred including the type that was being created at the time. The stack you get on the error page doesn’t give you all this information. You’ll need to look at the exception object in the debugger to get access to it. The property TypeName contains the type it was trying to load. A quick review of the method where the exception occurs reveals that the only real place it could likely fail is when it creates an internal object stored in the System.Web.Configuration assembly but that assembly should have been installed as part of .NET.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.