OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Sync QuickBooks Data with Microsoft Azure

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Synergration
    Keymaster

The upcoming 2.0.51 OpenSync release will include support for Microsoft Azure cloud sync with QuickBooks. We hope to have it out this week but we just wanted to put out an update for all those who were waiting on it.

Blog Post: OpenSync now supports QuickBooks Sync with Microsoft Azure

bhenslee
    Participant

Occasionally when syncing to an Azure DB the following error occurs. Failed: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Query timeout expired err#:-2147217871 field:: in table invoice:-2147217871.

It has started to occur more frequently and sometimes takes 3 or more tries to get the data sync’d. Is there a way to set the Command Timeout from within the Open Sync Task? There are approximately 174000 Invoice records currently in the SQL database Invoice Table.

Thanks

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

The current version does not support setting the time out value. You can decrease the default block size under File – Options which will limit the amount of data being written at one shot. The default if set to 0 is 100 records.

bhenslee
    Participant

Resetting the block size did not help. It appears to be related to Transient Fault Handling issues. Microsoft recently upgraded all the Azure databases requiring a change to Transient Fault Handling. Have you guys been able to update OpenSync to handle the new structure yet?

Thanks

daniel
    Participant

It should be noted the current implementation does not work on an x64 server. If your planning to sync with an Azure SQL DB from a server it won’t work until the v3 update.

ismith
    Participant

I encounter the following error — and can’t get past it:

Error creating database: [Microsoft][ODBC Drive 13 for SQL Server][SQL Server] Column, parameter, or variable #81: Cannot find data type LONGTEXT

I’m working from a Windows 7 desktop – trying to connect to an Azure DB. It creates the first several tables, but then I get this error. In spite of what the error message say, I created the database ahead of time and set the application to create tables for existing database (so, the error is not actually in the creation of the database).

I tried setting the compatibility mode of the Azure DB back from 130 to 110, but that didn’t help.

I tried with version 11 of Native SQL Client driver, also; but I couldn’t get that to install on my 64-bit Windows 7 desktop.

ismith
    Participant

I was able to resolve my issue connecting to Azure SQL database and successfully creating the tables; by doing three things. (prerequisite is to create the empty Azure SQL database.)

First was to ensure SQL Server Native Client 11.0 was installed; second was configure an ODBC DSN data source for the SQL Server Native Client; and third was to specify Azure SQL connection string as follows:

Driver={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};Server=tcp:myazuresqlsvr.database.windows.net,1433;Database=AzureQBSync1;Uid=myusrnm@myazuresqlsvr;Pwd=mypassword;Encrypt=yes;TrustServerCertificate=no;Connection Timeout=30;

Ian Smith
    http://www.syncratec.com

daniel
    Participant

Does version 3 support 64 bit server installation now?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

No, it doesn’t. Sorry for the inconveniences.

daniel
    Participant

Does it work on 64 bit Windows 10 desktop clients?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

yes, it does. You will have to install the 32 bit odbc drivers for the databases.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.