OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Simple questions (I think) I would like answers too

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

twenger
    Participant

Hello,

We use opensync 3.0 (3.0.25) to sync to a MySQL DB. The QB server and MySQL DB are both in AWS if that matters. The QB/Opensync Host is a Windows Server 2019 OS. QB is Enterprise version 19.

1. What is the name of the Opensync Service – and can I change the user this service runs under? Use case is for ensuring the scheduled job runs on a server that no one is logged into.

2. I would like to centrally store my Sync configuration files – is there a way to redirect Opensync to a different folder location VS the defined out of the box username\AppData\Local\Synergration\OpenSync folder?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

You can install OpenSync for all users. When you log in with the other user name, you should be able to see the same configuration. Then you can have it running from that user.
    The configuration file location cannot be changed, sorry about that.

twenger
    Participant

Thats my dilemma – I don’t want any user to have to be logged in to run a job. I would rather have the job run as a service user. So a user has to be logged in to server for a job to successfully run?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I think the only way to have OpenSync running without nobody logged in, it is using windows scheduler to run the task. You will have to create a regular task, then create a task using windows scheduler and OSRun.exe, the argument of the task will be the task name, otherwise, some has to be logged in in order to run the task.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.