OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Sequence Number is Null after creating new database from QuickBooks 2017 file

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  maryellen.currie 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

maryellen.currie
    Premium Member

I created a new database and ran a populate, all information seems to be coming in correctly with the exception of the sequence number in the linedetail tables – estimate, invoice etc.

We are using OS v 3.0.25 and QuickBooks 2017 and SQL Server 2014. Please advise.

Premium support member Maryellen.Currie

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Did you run a full populate?

maryellen.currie
    Premium Member

Yes we ran a full populate. All other data populated, but the SeqNum is NULL.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

SeqNum was added for user to use. OpenSync doesn’t support it. Sorry for the inconveniences.

maryellen.currie
    Premium Member

It was working before and it was advertised on your website.

From your website for OpenSync 3.0

New to 3.0: Database schema now includes a sequence number field for all line item tables

maryellen.currie
    Premium Member

This field exists in QuickBooks. It is not a user field. Please escalate this inquiry. Thank you.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

The field that exist in QuicBooks is “EditSequence” which is supported. “SegNum” was added on OpenSync v3 for the users to use. Can you show how is was working for you? I am the programmer, not customer server.
    You are very welcome

maryellen.currie
    Premium Member

Hi Yudel, I can’t show it was working because it is no longer working. The EditSequence is not the field that drives the order of the items. It is SeqNum which is not a user field. It is a field in the QuickBooks database that drives the order of the items in a document like an invoice or an estimate. In QODBC the field is in the EstimateLine table and it is called EstimateLineSeqNo. I was not able to track down what the actual table and field name was in QuickBooks, but you can email them at IntuitDeveloperRelations@intuit.com.

I posted a screen shot of the field I am talking about in the OS database.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.