Home Forums OpenSync Sequence Number is Null after creating new database from QuickBooks 2017 file

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BTH 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • #65023

    Premium Member

    In the past we were able to populate the sequence number (SeqNum) from the quickbooks line item tables estimatelinedetail, invoicelinedetail, into the database. It has suddenly stopped working. When will it be working again?

    It is very important for our business. I have opened two issues with the same topic as I do not get timely answers to my replies. We are using Opensync 3.0 and QuickBooks Enterprise 17

    FROM YOIR WEBSITE under features to the OpenSync 3.0

    New to 3.0: Database schema now includes a sequence number field for all line item tables field exists in QuickBooks


    Yudel Rosales

    That is what I am saying. It is a new field, how is it possible that was working before? The other topic is the same issue. I thing you only need one topic per issue. We have 24 hours after your make a post to answer it. Can you tell me on QuickBooks where is that field is please?


    Premium Member


    We have had the OpenSync3.0 for a while. We purchased it on November 15 2018. It originally was populating the SeqNum field which is the last field in the OS database in estimatelinedetail table. I think when you did the update to handle QuickBooks Enterprise 18, that QuickBooks Enterprise 17 integration stopped working for this particular field. If you go into the tool and click on a database, then browse the database and go to the estimate folder, then the estimatelinedetail table and scroll all the way to the right, you will see a field called SeqNum. This is the sequence number which tracks the relative location of the entry in a document like an invoice or an estimate. This field is important in keeping the same order in reporting as the document in QuickBooks. We want to produce reports where the first item on an estimate is the first item in the report etc. This field is now null in our database. Prior to your most recent release it was being populated with the QuickBooks Sequence Number.

    Would you please let us know how we can fix this problem. We are willing to upgrade to a different version of Quickbooks if this helps.

    The order number was 64587. I have attached a screenshot of the DB detail.

    You must be logged in to view attached files.


    We are having the same problem with the SeqNum column in the invoicelinedetail table. Data in the SeqNum column is now NULL and no longer keeps track of the line sequences on our invoices. When we use OpenSync3.0, the line order is now messed up and our customers are getting confusing invoices. Please fix this ASAP.


    Yudel Rosales

    You have it working, then stop working and we haven’t released an update, so it is something on QuickBooks or your database. I cannot fix something that is not broken. We need to figure out what is happening there. Did you update your QuickBooks?


    Premium Member

    Hi Yudel,

    Quickbooks is still Enterprise version 2017. I have not updated it to 2018 or 2019 because I didn’t want to risk something not working correctly.

    I was thinking that we may want to delete the integration in QuickBooks, uninstall OpenSync 3.0 and then reinstall OpenSync 3.0. Do you think that would work?



    PLEASE HELP!!! As I noted back on March 28th, 2019 that OpenSync 3.0.25 is putting NULL in the SeqNum column of the invoicelinedetail table. We use OpenSync to pull data out of QuickBooks. Later, when we restore the data to QuickBooks, our invoice lines are not in the same order we entered them – they are messed up because SeqNum is missing (NULL). It takes hours to fix them. We must stop using OpenSync until you fix this bug. We have been using OpenSync since 2017 and did not have this problem before the last upgrade. ***** Please fix this ASAP ******.

    Also, in your SQL OpenSync database, the invoicelinedetail table > “Quantity” column datatype set to int – it should be decimal 15.5. If a user enters a quantity of .5 in QuickBooks, then uses OpenSync to pull their data, .5 will be stored in OpenSync as -0-. If we return the data to QuickBooks, OpenSync has made a real mess! We were able to fix this by changing the “Quantity” datatype to decimal 15,5 – but not before we had major problems. ******* Please fix this too *************



    ######## UPDATE ON MAJOR BUG IN OpenSync CODE ##############
    Here are the OpenSync steps we are following:
    1) “Populate from QuickBooks” <<“Invoice” table>>
    The rows in the invoicelinedetail table match the sequence in QuickBooks

    2) Using a SQL query, we save the data in the invoice.memo field to another table and set the invoice.memo field to NULL

    3) “Update to QuickBooks” <<Invoice table>>
    #### DURING THE OPENSYNC UPDATE, YOU MUST BE REFRESHING THE DATA FROM QB TO SQL SERVER BECAUSE THE ROWS IN THE invoicelinedetail TABLE NO LONGER MATCH QuickBooks. You need to get the data after in “Update to QB” in the same way you get the data in the “Populate from QB ####

    4) We print statements in QB (without the memo field)

    5) Using a SQL query, we restore invoice.memo field to the invoice table

    6) Finally, we “Update to QuickBooks” <<Invoice table>> a second time to restore memo field data…but since OpenSync changed the sequence of the rows during Step #3, our invoices are a total mess in QB and OpenSync is totally useless.

    PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.