OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Secondary Quickbooks window opened / Quickbooks crashes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jeff
    Premium Member

Hi…I am using advanced task scheduler to run OpenSync tasks. If I have Quickbooks open while the tasks are running, a secondary quickbooks window opens and the opensync task does not run. An error appears in the open sync window. If I don’t have Quickbooks open while the tasks are running, it seems to complete successfully, but I get an error message “Quickbooks has stopped working.”

We just upgraded to open sync 3.0, and Quickbooks 2018. I did create a new company file in open sync and removed the old integrated application.

Please let me know how to correct.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Hello

You cannot have two QuickBooks windows opened while OpenSync is running. You cannot open QuickBooks while OpenSync is running any task. You cannot the user name that OpenSync is using to open that company file from any computer. Make sure that you aren’t doing any of the above. If you are using windows task scheduler, make sure that is running the task with OSRun.exe and put the task name on the argument. Also, make sure that you are giving QuickBooks enough time to recover between tasks (No lest than 5 mins, depending on the computer). You can send the log files as well, so I can take a look at them. Help-Send Diagnostics.

Best Regards,

Jeff
    Premium Member

thanks Yudel…I just sent diagnostics. None of those things you mentioned apply. Also note, that when I run the open sync task from the config application, it works fine.

Jeff
    Premium Member

hi…did you get my diagnostic files?

I have. I didn’t see any error beside that you are having two instance of QB opened. I emailed you directly asking you if we can do a remote desktop session to sort this out.

Best Regards,
    Yudel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.