OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Scheduling task doesn't work

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  accounting15 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Yuri
    Participant

Hello,

I am testing the trial Version 2.0.51 of OpenSync on Windows 8. When I scehdule a task, it doesn’t work.

Could you tell how I can fix it?

Thank you in advance,

Yuri

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

Make sure you have the OpenSync background service running. This can be started from the configuration program or using Windows Task Scheduler as described in the help file.

Yuri
    Participant

Hi I don’t see OpenSync service in the Services of Administrative Tools. Also the Windows Task Scheduler just let me schedule every day and I want every 2 or 5 minutes.

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

OpenSync does not implement a true system service as the QB API cannot be called reliably from a system service. Instead, it uses a background task named OSRunner that must be running for scheduled tasks to be kicked off. As I said previously this can be started from the configuration program or using Windows Task Scheduler as described in the help file.

Alternatively, you can use the command line utility OSRun.EXE to run tasks on demand.

n2xtechllc
    Participant

I’m having the same problem and it can not be started from the configuration program. You can schedule a task, which delivers the promise of automatic updates, but you don’t actually get the task completed. If I’m mistaken, I’m going to need screen shots of what exactly to click. I’m no idiot, but I should have to search through some labyrinthine secret maze of options to find this schedule. I clicked Opensync>Tasks>New> and made something refresh and update. If that’s not how you do it, however you do it has to be more obvious that this.

You can’t just put in a line that says:
    Alternatively, you can use the command line utility OSRun.EXE to run tasks on demand.
    because even if we googled and downloaded the item, we’d have to do further research on what we would do with this program. What would be the command we would schedule? How about a link somewhere so we don’t have to spend 30 minutes searching

finally your sentance: using Windows Task Scheduler as described in the help file.
    How about a link or words to search on or even better, just make it obvious for us to use this without a 60 minute search.

n2xtechllc
    Participant

For future people that will search on this. I found Osrunner.exe in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Synergration\OpenSync\osrunner.exe. it’s not even an icon on the start menu
    The task thingy in the configuration doesnt’ even warn you its not running when you schedule a task as a clue that you have to do this step, or start it automatically for you
    Finally, I clicked it. There was a splash screen and now there’s nothing. I have a task that’s scheduled to run tonight. Let’s see if this works, because there’s currently no other indication that I’m aware of that shows that it actually will such as an icon in the tray or a message in the configuration windown

accounting15
    Participant

Did you ever get your scheduled task to work? I’m having a similar issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.