OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Scheduling Service Won't Start

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jspurling
    Participant

I have installed both OpenSync V.2 and V.3 (trial) on Windows Server 2016 Standard – uninstalled and reinstalled – and I cannot get the scheduling service to start on the server. When I click “Start” the mouse point “thinks” for about 3 seconds as if it’s loading the application, however, when it’s done thinking the Start button remains highlighted and scheduled tasks do not run automatically. I don’t get an error message. I checked and confirmed that I do have OSRunner in my OpenSync directory. Any help on why this scheduler will not run?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

You cannot have both versions installed at the same time on the same computer. Please make sure that everything get uninstall. Probably you will have to get rib of the OSRunner.exe manually since you installed both version on the same computer at the same time. After that install just one version. In order that OSRunner.exe works, you will have to kept your computer user logged in.

jspurling
    Participant

I deleted all files from the Program Files directory as well as from my App Data after doing an uninstall of all and any versions of the software on this server. I then reinstalled OpenSyncV3.0 on the server and set it up from scratch. This has not resolved the issue as described above.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

When you uninstalled and re-installed did OpenSync ask you to put the license key again? If it didn’t, it is not getting uninstall properly.

jspurling
    Participant

It did not, but it is currently set up as a trial – “Open Sync – Trial” and in the help menu I have an option to “Register Product”, which asks me to input a license key: “No license key was found on your system. Click Next> to enter a license key.”

smarsh@virusys.com
    Participant

I’ve been dealing with this issue as well on Win10.

The answer for me was a combination of the newest revision (3.0.22) and manually stopping the osrunner.exe prior to (re)installation.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I just released OpenSync 3.0.23 which fixed error:

· Fix bug: Can’t initialize semaphore: OSMon2State”

· Fix bug: If the task is highlighted, the status will refresh automatically.

Please uninstall current version and install the new one.
    Link: http://download.synergration.com/opensyncv3/opensync3.msi

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I just released OpenSync 3.0.23 which fixed error:

· Fix bug: Can’t initialize semaphore: OSMon2State”

· Fix bug: If the task is highlighted, the status will refresh automatically.

Please uninstall current version and install the new one.
    Link: http://download.synergration.com/opensyncv3/opensync3.msi

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.