Home Forums CoreObjX / DB Run-time error '429'

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

calvin
    Premium Member

When running the CoreobjX Diagnostics tool I am getting an ActiveX component can’t create object. Also failing when adding a reference in Visual Studio. Running Windows 10 fall edition. Restarted, reinstalled, tried manually registering dlls, installing XML 4 SP2 and C++ runtimes. Not sure what else to try to get the component working please advise.

-Calvin

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

It turned out that the QB uninstall deleted the MSXML4.DLL. The fix was to download and install it from the Microsoft site.

calvin
    Premium Member

As I mentioned I reinstalled XML 4 SP2 is there anything else I can try?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Make sure that xml 4 is set as a reference on your project.

calvin
    Premium Member

Yeah I deleted the reference and re-added it but there was no change. I also tried it on my backup machine and it also has the same issue, it seems the latest update of Windows 10 is the only change I can identify. The test app also isn’t able to make it work. I am not sure how to tell why it can’t initiate it.

-Calvin

calvin
    Premium Member

For some reason there was a reference to Ado 2.5 with a yellow explanation I deleted it and the problem went away. Sample app still returns error. In a sample project adding a reference to the Coreobjx automatically added the Ado 2.5 reference. If you delete it then it would compile. Appears to work now thanks.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Great to hear that. Thanks for keep me posted.
    Best Regards,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.