OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Race Condition issue (revisited)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Pavel Brun 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

A little over two years ago on Sept. 10, 2015, I had made the following post:

So, I am encountering an issue and need a suggestion on a potential work around. The application I developed is a calendar/scheduling solution and when appointments are created, it creates an estimate with the line items that have been added to the calendar appointments within the MySQL database. It then pushes the changes to Quickbooks. Once pushed, changes to work line items can only occur in Quickbooks and the only change that is allowed is the appointment date, which updates the Txn Date of the entry.
    Here is the race condition scenario:

1) User updates the quickbooks entry via Quickbooks and adds some data to the work estimate.
    2) User moves appointment within the 10 minute scheduled window which results in the status of the estimate in MySQL to change to an “UPDATE” state.

With the current update and refresh option, the estimate work order items would be over-written with what is in the MySQL database which is stale and the data entered in step 1 above is lost.

Is there any way to prevent this sort of race condition? Any viable solution that would allow me to prevent this from happening?

and Tom Crawford on Sept. 16, 2016 replied with the following (before I became a Premium member):

The only way to work around this is to create a separate Refresh task that runs before the Update task.

to which I replied:

But, that would likely wipe out the pending updates?

When I run a “refresh” task before an update task, does wipe out my pending updates?

Would appreciate guidance on how to resolve this issue.

Paul

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

just bringing this up to the top to get visibility.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.