OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync QuickBooks has expired.To continue using QuickBooks, you must buy QuickBooks now

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Jeppson 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

adams
    Premium Member

I periodically get this error when running OpenSync. The problem goes away after I log in to QuickBooks on the machine running OpenSync. This makes it impossible to use the OpenSync scheduler reliably. Our QuickBooks license is not expired.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Which version of OpenSync and QuickBooks are you using? Can you sen the log file right after that error occurs.
    Sorry for inconveniences

adams
    Premium Member

OpenSync 3.0.25
    QuickBooks Enterprise 2016 – Professional Services

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Can you send the log files as soon as that windows pops up please?

adams
    Premium Member

It just happened again.

Here are the last lines of the log files (OpenSync.Log and qbsdklog.txt)

I logged in directly to QuickBooks using my own account and got the “Feature in use” message (see screen shot).

Adam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

KFish01
    Participant

I am also having the same issue. Checking the recent logs it has occurred for me on 11/14, 11/29 and now today, 12/6. I have other third party apps access QuickBooks but do not have this issue with them.

I am on OpenSync v3.0.25 and QuickBooks Enterprise 19. My logs look just like adams above.

And before you suggest it I have already uninstalled and reinstalled OpenSync. I have also gone through the windows firewall config for QBs as suggested in this article: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1763105-configure-firewall-and-internet-security-settings-for-quickbooks-desktop#ports. None of these have fixed the problem.

The only way so far to stop this is once this occurs I have to open QuickBooks manually and run my task.

adams
    Premium Member

Any further progress on this question? It just happened again.

Adam

adams
    Premium Member

This is still happening periodically. Now I found this in the OpenSync.log file.

Any ideas?

– Adam

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

QuickBooks is showing a windows that you need to take care of it. Make sure that QuickBooks doesn’t show again. The log file says it.

adams
    Premium Member

Yes. Exactly. That is how I started this thread. This window shows up periodically (see the attachment on the first post). How to I get this to stop happening. My QuickBooks is registered and usually works. I have many automated processes that run OpenSync but this is preventing them from running reliably.

Adam

dgeorge
    Participant

I have the same issue with the “quickbooks has expired” error window causing OpenSync to stop running until I manually intervene. The error only appears when QuickBooks is opened by OpenSync.

The only way to get OpenSync running again is for me to manually close the error windows and open QuickBooks desktop. The error doesn’t appear when I open QuickBooks by hand, and this seems to keep OpenSync working for a day or so.

Having to remote in and manually open QuickBooks desktop every day on our server to keep OpenSync running isn’t ideal.

Did any of you ever find a more permanent solution to this problem? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Patricia
    Participant

I have the same issue. Please, OpenSync support, try to look into this.

When we first started using OpenSync several years ago this did not happen. Please, check it out!

brandonh
    Participant

This has been ongoing for us with Version 17 and 18 of QB. I just dealt with it as the support here is non-existent for every issue and I caution anyone to never pay these ying yangs for support… I wish my company hadn’t bought this garbage software. I did recently update my QB to 18 R10 update and now I just get unrecoverable errors every day. It’s not a QB issue and we should never have to manually interact with QB to fix a bug in your junk software!

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I am sorry to hear your frustration. But if something doesn’t work for you, it doesn’t necessarily mean that is “a garbage software”. OpenSync is one of the kind that try to work with QuickBooks API which is really inestable and inconsistent. We try out best to make the sync process as reliable as possible. And if you add your computer set up as well, it makes harder to work faultless. We have thousands of customers and this issue is happening to a few of you; meaning it is not necessarily our software by itself. Sorry for the inconveniences.
    I hope your day gets better.

brandonh
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I hope your software gets better…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.