We are currently running OpenSync version 2 and QuickBooks Enterprise 16 (2016) and are needing to upgrade to 18 (2018).
It is my understanding that we will need to upgrade to OpenSync version 3 in order to support QuickBooks 18.
We would like to confirm the following high level steps in upgrading.
1. Uninstall OpenSync version 2
2. Install OpenSync version 3
3. Rebuild / verify QB company file used with OpenSync
4. Delete MYSQL database copy related to QB company file
5. Create and Populate MYSQL database using OpenSync 3
6. Test normal sync/update operations with QB 16 and OpenSync 3
7. Upgrade QuickBooks server, clients and database to QuickBooks 18, with latest update.
8. Run OpenSync sync/updates as normal
Our major concern is will we need to re-populate after already moving to OpenSync version 3, when upgrading QuickBooks to version 18. I can’t seem to find firm info regarding this in the forums so far. My understanding is the mysql database schema is set by OpenSync so we shouldn’t need to populate twice.
That is the whole process. I will recommend to create a new database with OpenSync v3 since all the fields are properly typed.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.