OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync QuickBooks Desktop has expired.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 29 minutes ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

kevin
    Premium Member

I dont like doing this but here goes..
    I dont think a company selling a product should do the “it’s not me it’s him argument”
    If this was an issue that happened EVERY time I could see someone calling blame, but it is not.

I would think that something should be done between those companies to determine what the issue is.

Kevin

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Sorry for the inconveniences. But it is QuickBooks that is popping up the windows, not OpenSync.

tech5
    Participant

Sorry for the inconveniences. But it is QuickBooks that is popping up the windows, not OpenSync.

Yes, it is Quickbooks popping up the window – only when executed through your program.

This popup does not occur through any other means nor have we EVER seen this popup running Quickbooks normally. It effectively inhibits the use of your product – through whatever means your product is utilizing Quickbooks. At least take ownership of that fact as the developer of the product.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Have you tied another third party software? Which version of QuickBooks are you using?

David Kite
    Participant

I am having the same issue. It started after upgrading (installing) OpenSync 3, QuickBooks 19 Enterprise on a computer running server 2012 R2. Previous it was opensync 2 and quickbooks 18 enterprise on windows 7 pro.

All of the Software version are on the latest releases.

Like clockwork, every Monday morning, the issue happens. I have logs of the issue.
    4/14/19 did the QuickBooks and Opensync upgrade/Install
    4/22/19 at 7:11 AM – first time “Expired License” issue happened
    4/22/19 at 8:35 AM – logged into QuickBooks Client on Server, warning message issue resolved.
    4/29/19 at 8:41 AM – logged “Expired License” issue.
    4/29/19 at 9:55 AM – logged into QuickBooks Client on Server, warning message issue resolved.
    5/06/19 at 10:06 AM – logged “Expired License” issue.
    5/06/19 at 11:20 AM – logged into QuickBooks Client on Server, warning message issue resolved.
    5/13/19 at 11:30 AM – logged “Expired License” issue.
    5/13/19 at 11:35 AM – logged into QuickBooks Client on Server, warning message issue resolved.
    5/20/19 at 11:51 AM – logged “Expired License” issue.
    5/20/19 at 12:19 PM – logged into QuickBooks Client on Server, warning message issue resolved.

As can be clearly seen from these logs, at least in my case, this is a cycle that repeats every 7 days (168 hours).

I found a similar thread on the intuit website
    https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Install/I-keep-getting-the-popup-Quickbooks-Desktop-has-expired-To/td-p/203570

I have disabled my windows firewall. I opened a ticket with QuickBooks. They want to uninstall QuickBooks, and reinstall (including the license file – EntitlementDataStore.ecml), and also remove and add back the OpenSync integrated applications permissions.

Because of the need for single user, I will do this all over the long weekend and report back the results in a a couple weeks of good to go, or still having issues.

I don’t know if it is a QuickBooks issue, and OpenSync issue, or a issue between the two. It is QuickBooks giving the error being displayed, but only when being opened by OpenSync Automatically.

If I cannot figure out fix, I will create a work around by writing an Autoit script to lunch QuickBooks and Sign in on a schedule. If I end up doing that, I am happy to share my script.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

David Kite
    Participant

WORK AROUND
    I spent a few minutes a tossed together a work around in the form of an Autoit script. I am attaching the Script as a text file.

On my server I don’t use the OpenSync Scheduler, I use a batch file to run the syncs. The basics of my batch file looks like this:
    ____
    REM QBOpenLogin.exe is the autoit script that logins into quickbooks
    c:\temp\QBOpenLogin.exe
    cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Synergration\OpenSync”
    REM Close all of the Quickbooks Apps so they don’t lock up the process
    taskkill /IM QBW32.exe /T /F
    taskkill /IM qbupdate.exe /T /F
    taskkill /IM osrun.exe /T /F
    taskkill /IM QBWebConnector.exe /T /F
    REM Create Loop that runs until 7:00 PM
    :StartAgain
    IF %TIME:~0,2%==19 GOTO ENDLOOP
    REM Current Time
    time /T
    REM Run my Sync
    osrun.exe MySyncTaskName
    taskkill /IM QBW32.exe /T /F
    taskkill /IM qbupdate.exe /T /F
    taskkill /IM osrun.exe /T /F
    taskkill /IM QBWebConnector.exe /T /F
    GOTO StartAgain
    :ENDLOOP

____

I set my Sync server to restart ever morning and launch this batch file on login (have auto login configured)

With the new Autoit script, Quickbooks gets actually logged into each reboot now.

Hopefully this will overcome the 7 day DESKTOP LICENSE EXPIRED loop.

Attachments:

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Thanks, David for sharing that we all. Please keep us posted in case you have the issue again in order to take your doing with other users to resolve this matter.

sistemas
    Participant

Hi!

Same issue with QB 2019 and OpenSync 3.0.25

Attachments:

sistemas
    Participant

Hi!

Is this issue going to be fixed soon?

Thanks in advance

David Kite
    Participant

Sistemas,

I have this issue on two instances of Quickbooks 2019 and Opensync 3. Based on my troubleshooting, I must conclude that this is an issue with Quickbooks running on windows server. It’s Quickbooks that gives the licensing error. I didn’t push the issue with Quickbooks support, as my work around is working fine. I would suggest Opening a ticket with Quickbooks Support.

Let me know if I can help

David

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Thanks, David for your input. That is what I am trying to explain here. The issue is with QuickBooks.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.