OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Quickbooks crashes after running OpenSync

This topic contains 57 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author

frank.gregory
    Participant

Pavel,
    I’m still having this problem also, but it comes and goes how often it occurs. I’ve had the program run for almost 2 weeks with no errors, and then other times I can’t get it to run for 1/2 hour without crashing QB.

In looking at the QB logs it seems that QB is timing out for what ever reason and that’s when the errors occur.

Opensync asks for logs and I’ve sent them but I get no help, other than the response they gave you originally and that was to uninstall the programs and reinstall them.

Try to keep the .tlg file from becoming HUGE, that seems to help. Also, I had to adjust my update time from 5 minutes to 15 minutes. That seems to have helped also. In addition, I only have the ‘Multi-threaded populate’ checked in options and I’ve changed the dbXML version to 11. Again, still having issues, but it has slowed down some.

Hope these suggestions help. I haven’t figured out what causes it exactly.

Our shipping department uses UPS WorldShip along with a companion product that pulls the tracking number from Worldship and then updates the QB Sales order with the tracking number. That program NEVER crashes itself or QB, so I know that pulling/pushing data to QB is possible without constantly having to uninstall/reinstall programs. It just seems that Opensync hasn’t figured it out yet.

Keep us posted on your progress please!

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

I am really looking to develop my own API, but it may take some time.

Paul

frank.gregory
    Participant

Yes, that is my ultimate goal, also.

I’ve scoured youtube and other places and there’s not a very good tutorial on the subject anyplace. I’ve looked at the GitHub examples, so I know it’s doable, just a matter of having the time to make it happen.

The easiest way to accomplish it seems to be via the web interface that QB provides.

I’ll keep in mind that you need this done also, and perhaps we can work on it together at some point!

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

I should say, that I am actively starting to look into this at the moment. 🙂

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Frank, I never got your log files. I asked you to send them right after the task fails. If you are running OpenSync v2(zip the log files folder, then attached). If you are running OpenSync v3, on the main windows go to Help-Send Diagnostics.

BTW: QuickBooks API is really unstable. Good luck on your own API.

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

Hi Yudel,

I send across logs from the OpenSync program and it all appears to send successfully, but we hear nothing. I have sent logs across multiple times and after requesting an update from you, you ask us to send logs.

Does the Send Log function actually work? Do you get those logs? It would be good to get acknowledgement to that affect.

Paul

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I emailed you back on May 4, asking you for a log file. You never answered me back. See attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

frank.gregory
    Participant

Yudel,

I have attached logs both in their native format and with the extension changed so it will go through. I’ve use the Version 3 program to send you the logs and even told you that it went to the whatever the default name is that it is populated with, but I never heard back from you, either.

If the QB API is that unstable, how are companies like http://www.shipgear.com/ able to write a program that pulls the tracking number from Worldship and then insert that into QB into a specific salesorder that has been provided, without EVER having a program crash either because of a Microsoft or Intuit update, or because of .tlg file getting to be too big? They would have to be using either the QB sdk or some other API, right? Whatever they are using works EVERY TIME!

I’m fairly certain that Pavel, Josh and I would LOVE to help you solve this, but we send logs and we get back suggestions to reinstall the software. That is NOT an acceptable solution.

What can we do to help you guys figure this out? Do you have a diagnostic that I can run? Do you have a beta or even an alpha version of something that I can help you test? I’m open to almost anything at this point .. we are starting to rely on the data that opensync pulls from QB and puts in a mySql database more and more, but we are nearly at our wits end with this program crashing qb all the time.

Call me or email me directly if you’d like. You have my contact info from when I purchased the program.

Frank

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I am not in front of your computer. If I asked you to re-installs your software, it was to know that we started from the beginning. That wasn’t a solution, it was a start point. Something we re-start the computer and everything gets fixed. Sometime my computer doesn’t find my printer and re-starting fixes the issue. I haven’t gotten your log files yet. You can help giving us a backup of your company file, so we can test OpenSync open source code against your company file.
    Best Regards,

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

The crash occurred just now and this was after a fresh reboot of the system as well. I have sent across all associated logs, so please let me know what you find.

Paul

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

The log files are telling that you have to look into the error table. Can you send me the error that are in the error table please?
    Thanks

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

I am aware of an error in the table, which I have to address. It is a sync error but a sync error should not cause Quickbooks to crash.

Paul

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I didn’t see anything on the log files that tell why QuickBooks crashed. How often does this happen?

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.