OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Quickbooks crashes after running OpenSync

This topic contains 57 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I don’t see any problem. Try to update your QB. that could be the issue.

frank.gregory
    Participant

Updating QB is what started the issue. It was working great until we updated a week or so ago.

We really like your product, but it seems like every time microsoft updates something, or quickbooks does, we can’t reliably count on opensync to communicate with quickbooks.

This is getting very frustrating.

josh
    Participant

Frank,

Oddly enough, our problem went away after we did a couple things. Our .TIG file was 11GB and growing so Intuit suggested we rename that to .TIG.old and let QuickBooks generate a new file. We also had an issue with a user in QuickBooks whose QuickBooks would crash whenever they logged in and were advised to delete that user and re-create it. We did the same for the automated user for our Integrated App and re-integrated and the problem seems to have gone away now.

Josh

Pavel Brun
    Premium Member

Hi Josh,

Doesn’t the OpenSync application have to log in as “admin”? That was my understanding from the start to allow for proper sync with all information and adding itself to the integrated app list. I will look at the .TIG file and see where we sit in terms of file size for the TIG file.

Paul

josh
    Participant

Paul,

My user is “an” admin but not the “admin” user and it works just fine.

Josh

frank.gregory
    Participant

Yes, our ‘user’ has admin rights but I’m not logging in as admin. And it, too , was working just great until a couple of weeks ago.

My TLG file is only 155meg. I can certainly recreate the user and go that route, but it’s still frustrating. Bought this program to keep from having to write my own interface with the sdk, but I’ve spent more time troubleshooting this thing and not being able to use it that if I’d written my own interface.

josh
    Participant

One of my customers upgraded their QuickBooks version without telling us and that is what caused our problems. We couldn’t roll back the upgrade so we just started troubleshooting with Intuit. We have the occasional hiccup with OpenSync but for the most part it’s been pretty stable once we got everything set up correctly.

Now, if they would just add an email alert when adding SalesOrders fails for some reason so I don’t have to check manually in the “Errors” tab.

Josh

frank.gregory
    Participant

Josh,
    One of our users clicked on the ‘update now’ box and forced everyone to update at that point, that’s when our troubles began. (We are using enterprise 2018) I do believe that it’s something that QB changed, but it has adversely affected how opensync works. We have a dedicated machine that does nothing but query the qb database and update the opensync mysql database. And what is happening now is the mysql database gets updated, but then qb crashes. Once it crashes, this machine can no longer do the timed refresh.

I’ll try your suggestion in the morning of killing the username that logs into qb, and then recreating it or make it something different so qb doesn’t cache it or something.

Thanks for your info.

Frank

frank.gregory
    Participant

I am still having issues with this.
    I deleted the user in Quickbooks and recreated.
    I deleted the job in Opensync.
    I re-populated the mysql database from Opensync.
    I deleted the refresh job and recreated.
    I had the [enable database logging] turned on, I turned that off.

It’s not consistent. Sometimes it will run fine for an hour or two, then QB crashes after each refresh.
    The other day the refresh job ran each time for an entire day with no crashes. The next day, it wouldn’t run 30 minutes without QB crashing.

I’m very frustrated, and have spent hours/days dealing with this.

I’d be happy to let you do a remote in session if it will help determine what is going on.

josh
    Participant

Hi Frank,

Do any of your user’s QuickBooks apps crash when they are running QB? We did have a user that it was happening to and we had to kill and recreate their user account as well. Our process has been stable ever since killing that user’s account, the automated account and the .TIG file.

Josh

frank.gregory
    Participant

Our TIG file is never very large because we perform a manual backup at least once a week.
    I’m not aware of any of the users having crash issues, but I’ll check with them.

Thanks for the input. At this point, anything helps.

josh
    Participant

Yeah, I understand. It can be frustrating when you feel like you’re getting nowhere. A lot of times I just talk it out with my business partner and she just stares at me like I’m speaking Russian but by talking it out I usually figure out what to do anyways. What O/S is this running on? My client is running Server 2012 R2.

frank.gregory
    Participant

The server is running server 2010. The machine that is accessing the database is Windows 10 pro. I just went around and asked some of the folks if they are having frequent QB crashes and so far no one having the problem on a daily or hourly basis.

I’m only updating 3 mysql tables from the QB database, and if I manually run the refresh job I can see that it accesses all 3 qb tables and updated the mysql tables, then it updates a single record and it’s at that point that it seems to crash. That is why I turned off the enable database logging, thinking it was that record that was causing the problem. Last week, before turning off the database logging, I wrote a routine to purge the os_log table of records more than 5 days old. We have the refresh running every 5 minutes so that table had gotten rather large after almost a year. After purging, it ran fine for 2 days, then on Monday it started crashing again.

Can’t seem to find that one thing that is causing this. And Opensync isn’t responding anymore so I guess I’m left to my own devices (and your help) to diagnose what’s happening. :O(

josh
    Participant

What are the 3 tables you’re hitting in QB? Are you just pulling data from them or are you writing to them as well? Just to rule out a bad record, have you tried to put a result filter in place for the last couple days for your job?

frank.gregory
    Participant

We are pulling customer, sales order and iteminventory. I have an app that I wrote that then queries the mysql database to display sales and inventory information to various folks in the office. We are not writing anything to qb.

Not sure what you mean about the result filter. But I’m willing to try anything! :O)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.