OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Quickbooks 2020 billpaymentcheck table not updatable?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

cfuller
    Participant

I am getting MANY errors since upgrading to the latest version and then updating Quickbooks to 2020. Any time I try to update a billpaymentcheck I’m getting an error that says: “This feature is not enabled or not available in this version of QuickBooks.”

Is this a QB limitation, or something wrong with the newest release of OpenSync? Is this going to be able to be resolved?

Thank you!

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Disregard them. That is because of the different versions of QuickBooks.

cfuller
    Participant

Is there a way this could get fixed in your software? Our workflow requires that we go through all of the errors and double-check to make sure things are correct or if we need to fix anything, and I’m getting 60+ of these errors a day that I need to deal with.

cfuller
    Participant

This is still a problem, and turning into a larger problem for us. Open Sync / QuickBooks is no longer updating the billpaymentcheck table, and therefore changes to transactions are getting missed.

The situation most often occurring is that we are using OpenSync to integrate our web application with Quickbooks. Our web application also integrates with Bill.Com. Bill.Com pays a bill, our web app pushes it into QB. However, for large transactions, bill.Com will confirm the payment today, but not assign a check number until tomorrow. So temporarily we put the check into QB with a placeholder in the reference field. Then tomorrow or the next day, Bill.Com will give us the check number, and we need to turn around and update the billpaymentcheck table with the reference number, but now because of this error, it is not getting updated, so many transactions are showing up in QB without proper reference numbers.

Plus, if anyone makes changes to something on our web app, those changes are not getting synced over to QB.

Is this a QB limitation in 2020 or something that OpenSync needs to fix, and if it is OpenSync, when will it get fixed?

Thank you.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Can you attach the log files, please? I cannot tell you what is going on if I don’t see the log files.

cfuller
    Participant

The only log file I see is the one attached, but it doesn’t seem to have much information. If there is a different log file you need, please explain where I would find it and I would be happy to send it.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

cfuller
    Participant

Good Afternoon,

I’ve been waiting for 2 weeks for a response on this issue. This is continuing to cause numerous problems. Any updates?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

If you updated your QB to 2020. You will have to remove OpenSync from your company file and re-add it. Then run a populate to that table or the whole database. See attach for steps on how to remove it.

Attachments:

cfuller
    Participant

I spent about 3 hours last night opening each of my client QB files, removing the application integration, went back in and reauthorized each of the files, and then let it spend all night going through and repopulating all of the QB files. I just did my first set of full syncs and came back with 344 errors between all of my companies with the same error of “This feature is not enabled or not available in this version of QuickBooks.”

Please advise.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that. Can you send your log files through OpenSync, please?

cfuller
    Participant

Log files are attached. I ran the “Force” tasks starting the evening of the 25th. The Force tasks populate from QB to the MySQL Databases. The “Sync” tasks do the bi-directional sync back and forth between QB and the MySQL databases.

Thank you.

Attachments:

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Don’t run the task bi-directional. Just do a database populate. Otherwise, it will keep giving you errors.

cfuller
    Participant

So are you saying that this table can no longer be updated?

From the first response, I thought that just running populate once would solve the issue, so I did remove the integration from QB, relink them, and then populated the databases before syncing.

Only using Populate is not an acceptable option. From your website, your software is designed to: “to perform a QuickBooks sync to and from an external database”. If we are only allowed to use Populate to avoid errors, then it is not a to and from service.

In addition, a huge issue with that solution is it take SIGNIFICANTLY longer to run a populate action than a sync. But more importantly, the entire purpose of the integration is to be able to push information from our web application into Quickbooks, if we can only populate it completely defeats the purpose of using OpenSync!

cfuller
    Participant

Any updates?!

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Well. I can tell you that OpenSync runs both ways but QuickBooks file is always taken as a master database. If your company file got corrupted or your database got any wrong data. OpenSync won’t be able to run a bi-direction task due the inconsistency of the data. Then full populate it is the solution whether you like it or not, whether you think it is the best or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.