OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync QB Update tasks fail silently after QuickBooks update for TLS 1.2

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #63632

    tterry
    Participant

    Hello, we are running OpenSync 2.0.73 with QuickBooks 16.0 on Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

    After applying a recent required QuickBooks update, OpenSync is no longer able to update QuickBooks: no new entries are added to QuickBooks and there are several hundred invoice records in the OpenSync DB with a non-null status. The synchronization task runs and completes with a Success message and there are no errors in the Open Sync error table.

    We discovered and resolved Application errors from QuickBooks related to TLS settings in the Registry, following this Microsoft KB: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-a-default-secure-protocols-in

    We have run Intuit’s TLS diagnostic tool and seen it pass.

    What are the best possible next steps? Has anyone else encountered a similar issue after the QuickBooks update?

    #63633

    Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

    Hello Terry

    I will need to see your log files first. Can you attached them please? Make sure to change the extension and zip the folder.

    Thanks
    Yudel

    #63637

    tterry
    Participant

    Hi Yudel,

    Thanks for your quick reply. I’m not sure what you mean by ‘change the extension’, but I’ve zipped them up. Please find the attached logs.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #63639

    tterry
    Participant

    We would appreciate some swift support because this OpenSync failure is blocking our ability to close out the previous month. We basically need to know if we need a minor version update, a major version update, or if there is some other fix we can apply without any software change.

    #63641

    tterry
    Participant

    We just tried a minor version update to 2.0.83 (the latest OpenSync 2 installer I could find). This did not help the issue.

    #63645

    tterry
    Participant

    We moved forward to purchasing and installing the latest OpenSync 3 and that did not resolve our issue.

    Our finance people would really like to close their books. Can we have some support, please?

    #63646

    tterry
    Participant

    Also, it appears that I don’t have premium support attached to my forum account, but I purchased it before posting this. I didn’t see any way to correlate the support purchase to the account and hoped that it was automatic.

    #63647

    Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

    Hello Terry
    I don’t see any error on the log files that you send me. If you are using OpenSync v3 go to the main windows File-Options and check “Trace Updates”, then run the update task. After completed please go to the main windows Help-Send Diagnostics. This will send me the new log files. So, I will be able to if you pushing any info back.

    Note: in order to update QuickBooks you have to update the “Status” column to each row to “UPDATE”. Make sure that you are doing this.

    Best Regards,

    #63648

    tterry
    Participant

    OK, thanks for getting back to me. I have sent you the requested logs.

    #63649

    tterry
    Participant

    Small update: when manually running the update task, we get the attached error dialog.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #63655

    Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

    That means that you aren’t updating the column that you want to update. You have to type on the Status field of each rows want to want to. UPDATE, ADD or DELETE. before running the task.
    Note: you have no errors on your log files.

    #63660

    tterry
    Participant

    Hi Yudel,

    As I stated in my original post, that was not the case. Our OpenSync database had over a thousand unprocessed invoice records with UPDATE, ADD, or DELETE as status.

    However, this problem seems to have resolved itself through some combination of updating and rebooting All The Things. Our assumption is that this was caused by an issue on the database side, or an issue with the database connection itself. We are running a post-mortem on our end but no longer consider it an issue with OpenSync itself.

    Thanks for your help!

    #63663

    Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

    Glad to help.
    Best Regards,

    #63689

    tterry
    Participant

    We did finally discover root cause. A connection with a locking transaction was open to the open sync database. This prevented Open Sync from being able to run any database operations on its database: running database update tasks or loading the database view would freeze the application for about a minute and then the task would report success.

    Because this resulted in no discernible error (other than saying that there were no records with an add/delete/update status), this issue was hard to diagnose. I would have expected that a database lock (or timeout, or exception in general) would result in an error somewhere along the line.

    #63691

    Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

    Good to hear, glad that you got it sorted out. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

    Best Regards,
    Yudel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.