OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Problems connecting to quickbooks after upgrade

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Mike Sutton
    Participant

bump – i am considering upgrading to 18 and would like to see the solution to this

So we built a fresh version WIN10 on our server and loaded QB/Reckon and OS. OS will now run but only when QB/Reckon is open, even though the settings is to run when “not open”…go figure??

My hunch is growing this is Windows permission based issue.

Switching to 18 may work, if not it could be money and time wasted.

Synergration, your help is needed and fast please!

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I emailed you today. Waiting on your response.
    Sorry for the inconveniences Mike

Best Regards,

Jericho Johnson
    Participant

Hello,

What version of the Windows Operating System is running on the computer that has QuickBooks and OpenSync on it?

We initially had QuickBooks Enterprise 18.0 running on Windows Server 2016 and OpenSync (nor any other API based application) could connect to QuickBooks. The issue turned out to be that QuickBooks 18 wasn’t fully supported on Windows Server 2016.

We downgraded the server to Windows Server 2012 R2 and re-installed QB and OpenSync and everything worked perfectly after that.

Initially, I spent hours on the phone with QuickBooks support who kept telling me that our QuickBooks Company file was corrupted and that we would have to pay to send it to them for recovery, but that wasn’t really the case. It was a conflict between Server 2016 and QB 18.

Mike Sutton
    Participant

Ok so we solved our problem.

The *.LGB file which resides in the same folder as the *.QBW was corrupt. Close QB/Reckon, delete this file, restart QB/Reckon. OS is then clear to access the QBW file, it could not be simpler!.

The real frustrating thing is its taken 5 weeks, hours and hours of time, emails etc, to resolve this and it was only after finding the link below, and no real thanks to Synergration unfortunately.

OpenSync configuration error with Reckon (QB). Application not allowed to login

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Thanks Mike for sharing your discovering with us. We really appreciate that.

Best Regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.