OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Populating a new SQL Database

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nate_faught
    Participant

HI,

I’m evaluating a copy of opensync 3.0. I’m working to integrated all the QB wholesale/manufacturing data into a SQL 2012 express database. The QuickBooks file is around 2GB in size with hundreds of thousands of records easily (probably close to 1,000,000 records).

We are only looking to populate the SQL database so reports/queries can be run off of SQL instead of using QODBC.

Would we…

1) Setup and run a task to populate the complete database
    2) Setup a task that runs every 30 minutes to only refresh what data has changed since last sync

During the complete sync, we seem to be getting hung on certain tables as I would imagine the data is too large for the sync tool to complete. Any idea on record limitations of opensync 3.0? Is it possible our QB database is too large for this tool?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

OpenSync will pull 100 records at the same time. The number of records will only take longer for OpenSync to completed it. That can cause the problem is the amount of data per record. Try to decrees the count of record on the task each time, until you get to a good number.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.