OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync populate and update filters

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rob5
    Premium Member

Hello,

Premium spport paid.

Our company file is getting rather large and I would like to start having our accounting team use an archived copy of the company file for each year passed.

Meaning on Jan 1 18 for examples we would copy our company file and named in 2017 or something to that effect and then we would set the live syncing file to sync from MySQL only for 2018.

I think this can be done but I am not clear exactly on the steps with the filters, the start / end date etc.

Can you explain in some detail how we can accomplish this please?

The goal is to only sync 2018 to Quickbooks so the company file does not become large.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Hello

You can filter your populate by DATEMACRO which is the first entry or if you pick custom. You will be able to select the start and end date. OVERWRITE MEANS: all the info in the data base or company file(if you are pushing info back to QuickBooks) will be overwritten. APPEND MEANS: current info stays and new info is added to it.

I hope this helps you.
    Best Regards,

rob5
    Premium Member

I dont really understand.

So how would I set a date so that no data would be sent to Quickbooks before that data.

Meaning we are going to 1. Copy our QB file, keep the copy as an archive, 2. the on the original we want to remove all data prior to a cut-off date from the QB file, either by manually deleting the data from QB or by having the sync remove it, 3, then never sync any data from our MySQL DB to the file prior to the cut-off date.

Can you please clarify?

Thank You
    Rob

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

Rob,

Data in the MySQL database is only pushed back to QB when the status column is set to ADD or UPDATE. If you do not set the status column then the records will never be pushed back to QB.

matth
    Participant

Hello

You can filter your populate by DATEMACRO which is the first entry or if you pick custom. You will be able to select the start and end date. OVERWRITE MEANS: all the info in the data base or company file(if you are pushing info back to QuickBooks) will be overwritten. APPEND MEANS: current info stays and new info is added to it.

I hope this helps you.
    Best Regards,

Could you clarify the append? Are you suggesting that if the record exists and has missing field values in it the append will not fill in the missing values? What is the difference then between Refresh and Populate + Append?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Refresh – means that you will push the new items in.
    Populate + Append – means that you will push all the items in and the old one will stay on the database.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.