OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync OpenSync v3 Upgrade

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

marius
    Premium Member

I don’t see anywhere how to upgrade from v2 to v3.
    Do I have to recreate all configuration (company file, database and tasks)?
    Do I need to create a new database?
    How do I alter the current schema to work with v3?
    I already created primary keys in some of the tables, how is that going to affect the upgrade?
    Do I have to do a populate from QB over the same database?

I did an install of v2 and install v3 and all I got was a blank OpenSync configuration…

kirt
    Participant

I had to reformat the computer running opensync V2 and when i try to reinstall it asks for .net 2.0 which is installed. Anyway, i thought this would be a good time to upgrade to V3. I’d really like to keep the same database if we can. Is there a way to update the old database from V2 to work with V3?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Hello Marius

You only can have one of the versions installed at the same time. You don’t have to recreate the configuration file. OpenSync v3 should be able to pick it up, but if for some reason OpenSync v3 doesn’t import your configuration file, you can do it manually. On the main windows go to Help->Import Configuration File

You need to create a new database because OpenSync v3 property type all the tables field. So, OpenSync v3 won’t be able to pupulate a v2 database.

We handle primary keys in all the tables.

You will have to run a full populate in the new database.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Hello Kirt

You won’t be able to keep your old database, sorry about that. OpenSync v3 properly type all the fields in the tables. You will have to create a new database and run a full populate. I recommend you to upgrade.

Best Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.