OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync OpenSync refreshing thousands of records when the replica is already synched

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Howard Katz
    Premium Member

Here’s the scenario: we have been using OpenSync in “manual” mode (no scheduled jobs) on the server where both QuickBooks and the MS Access replica reside. The MS Access database is fully synched.
    We are moving OpenSync to a separate (unattended) PC, which will run OpenSync in scheduled mode, accessing both QuickBooks and the MS Access database over the LAN (but not running scheduled yet).
    When I defined same (now network-attached) QuickBooks file and MS Access file to OpenSync on the separate PC, the “Refresh” mode make hundreds (thousands?) of updates, where none are needed.

Why is this happening, when QuickBooks and MS Access are already fully synched?

Another problem: When I hit the “Cancel” button (which I did when I saw this problem), OpenSync continues to try to sync each and every table, then cancels the sync for that table – rather than just cancelling once. As a result, it takes quite a long time (over 15 minutes) before the job is finally, fully ended.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Can you send me the log files? Which version of OpenSync are you running?

Howard Katz
    Premium Member

We’re using the latest version of OpenSync on both machines (3.0.19).
    I have a better understanding now. For whatever reason, each copy of the software seems completely oblivious to the existing synchronization having been done by the other; so when machine 1 has completed a sync (and machine 2 never has), machine 2 obliviously deletes each table and repopulates it – even though we’re doing a refresh, not a load.

Can we (you) eliminate this?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Can you email me your log files please? On the main windows go to Help->Send Diagnostics.
    Thanks

Howard Katz
    Premium Member

Logs sent. No response from you yet.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I emailed you directly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.