OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync OpenSync In Task Scheduler

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dnguyen 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dnguyen
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I would like to use task scheduler to run OpenSync during the day but stop at night.
    When setting it up on task scheduler, I noticed that there’s only an option to “repeat task every x” but is there an option for me to just run OpenSync for a set duration continuously and then close it after the set duration expires? I don’t want OpenSync to open and close every few minutes for the whole day.
    I currently have OpenSync to refresh every 10minutes.

Will these options work if I were to input them into task scheduler?
    1) Repeat task every 10 minutes for a duration of 12 hours
    2) Repeat task every 12 hours for a duration of 12 hours

Thanks

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

To run OpenSync that way, you want to use windows task scheduler with “OSRun.exe”, you don’t have to create a schedule task. Just create a regular task and open windows task scheduler (Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8986eNlXjos to learn how it works, In the argument you can put the task name). This will do it. I hope this solves your situation.
    Best Regards,

dnguyen
    Participant

I don’t understand how this works using the method shown in the video. From the options provided in creating a “basic task” it looks like it’ll just open once a day at the time I set it to, but where do I set how long it runs for? How do I make it close at a certain time?
    I want OpenSync to stay open from 6am to 6pm. How do I do that?

Sorry if it was explained and I wasn’t bright enough to see it.

Thanks

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

If you want that specific way to run your task. It is not a simple task. You will have to have a regular task create on OpenSync then you will create a task on windows task scheduler(not a basic task). You will have to create an action and a trigger to achieve that. Please see attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dnguyen
    Participant

Got it, Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.