OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync OpenSync 3.0 Update Notifications

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  accounting15 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

accounting15
    Participant

Do the email notifications apply to scheduled tasks? I get an email when a manually initiated task completes or fails, but I do not get anything for scheduled tasks.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

It does apply for all the task. Did you get the notifications on the regular tasks?

accounting15
    Participant

Yes, notifications for regular tasks come through.

Jericho Johnson
    Participant

Hello,
    I am evaluating OpenSync 3.0.17 and I like what I see so far.

However, I am experiencing the same issues as @accounting15. When I manually run a task, the notification email is sent, and I receive it.

But, when any task is run via the scheduler (OSRunner.exe), I do not receive any email notifications, regardless of the task completing with or without errors.

Additionally, are we able to set up multiple email addresses to receive the notifications, possibly by entering a comma delimited list of addresses?

On a similar topic, am I able to configure OpenSync to send the email through my own mail server instead of using your mail server? I would prefer these messages go through my own mail server.

Thanks.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I will take a look into that. Sorry for the inconveniences.

accounting15
    Participant

It would also be helpful to get a notification if Quickbooks has crashed or thrown some sort of error. Sometimes I get notified by my end-users that data doesn’t seem to be refreshing. When I check on the PC running the scheduled task, Quickbooks has aborted and popped up a window that I have to clear before it can run scheduled tasks again.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

We will work on that update for the next version. Sorry for inconveniences.

accounting15
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a timeline for this update?

Thanks!

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

We are looking forward to the next week.

Kirt Ginner
    Premium Member

I am just looking at 3.0 update for our systems and having a built in notification for QuickBooks crashing would be great! I have a script written to alert me based on an error code for a crash but it is not always perfect.

Any update?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

For QuickBooks crashing you can always look into the qbsdklog.txt

accounting15
    Participant

Hey @kirt Ginner, what kind of script are you using to alert you of QB crashes?

Thanks!

joe10
    Participant

I would like to add on to this – when a task is run via OSRunner.exe, notifications are NOT sent. Do you know when this issue will be fixed? Is there a workaround? I don’t want to constantly log into this server to know whether or not sync is working.

accounting15
    Participant

Are there any updates on when this feature might be available? thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.