OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Opensync 3.0.28 performance issue

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Yair 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Paul
    Participant

Over the last 3 weeks I have been having real performance issues with OpenSync. I was using QB 2019 Pro and doing a Refresh All (one way from QB to MS Access) would take a couple of minutes to run. A Populate all would take a lot longer but maybe only an hour or so. I upgraded to 3.0.28 and don’t recall any performance change. However within a week all tasks became much slower ie 16 minutes for a refresh and 6.5 hours for a populate. I have tried lots of things to solve the problem but nothing seems to work. My IT tech has looked at our server and can’t find anything causing an issue. I have upgraded to QB 2020 but this has made no difference. My QB datafile (.qbw) is over 500MB so I tried a different QB company with file of 160MB and it is still really slow. So I want to try going back to a previous version of OpenSync maybe 3.0.25 to see if this helps but need that installation file. Can you provide that or help in any other way.
    Thanks

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

There was no change that can compromise speed between .25 and .28. Did you get another software installed in your system or you to have more users of QuickBooks? It has to be something because there is no change that could affect the speed.

robert3
    Participant

I am noticing a similar issue after an upgrade from 3.0.25 to 3.0.28. My daily update tends to lag on refreshing the itemsites table. It seems to take an hour or more to refresh on version 3.0.28 when it only took about a few minutes on version 3.0.25.

It seems to run two sets of data. The first set is around 9,000 records and runs about 10 records a second. The second data set is about 5,000 records and runs about 1 record a second.

robert3
    Participant

There is definitely a performance issue with 3.0.27 and 3.0.28.

I downgraded to 3.0.27 and the itemsites table was on track to take well over an hour. I downgraded even further to version 3.0.18 and the speed is down to 2 minutes.

Any way I can get a download link to 3.0.25?

Yair
    Participant

robert3
    Participant

Thanks, Yair!

raymond1
    Premium Member

Yair – thanks for posting the link… I’m going to see if .25 solves my issue with .28….

Raymond

raymond1
    Premium Member

Update – .25 did not have the same issue as .28.. but .25 will not run with QB20 so I’m back to square one…

Raymond

Yair
    Participant

@raymond1 I have the same problem with .25 that it crashes only when deleting a task.
    plus once it crashes it still keep the setting before it crashed.

but I use OpenSync Configure only once and then re-run the same task.

if you want to modify a task manually you can go edit
    C:\Users\yaya\AppData\Local\Synergration\OpenSync\OSconfig.xml

it is where all the tasks are stored the Password is stored in a format of ESD not if you can’t generate ESD format I would install OPenSync trail on another PC and try copying the settings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.