OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync OpenSync 2 – QB 2018

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Yair 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

KFish01
    Participant

I was just forced by QB Enterprise to upgrade to v2018 this week. I have OpenSync 2.0.73. No issues until this forced upgrade. I can manually run, with success, OpenSync Tasks which populate my SQL Server tables. My 2012R2 Scheduled Tasks for OpenSync no longer work.

Any assistance on a solution or direction would be appreciated.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

OpenSync v2 doesn’t support QB 2018. You will have to upgrade OpenSync to version 3.

KFish01
    Participant

Going to v3, does this mean I have to rewrite all of my SQL Server stored procedures, views, etc?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

No, that will be compatible with the new version.

Yair
    Participant

Kfish01 can you share your experiences with the update to ver 3 ?
    I am planning to update sometime in the next month or so, Just to know if it all went smooth

KFish01
    Participant

Yair:

Other than the confusions that I and others experienced about whether we had to upgrade to v3 for QuickBooks 18 or could stay with version 2. You have to upgrade. I like this product but the documentation is lacking. They do a good job trying to help in these forums.

I’m using Windows Server 2012 R2, QuickBooks Enterprise 18, SQL Server 2012.

The upgrade went smooth once I found out through clicking around how to get all my configurations imported into v3. “Help > Import Configuration File” The old configuration file is located in C:\Program Data\Synergration. Now with v3 the config file is per user and now found at C:\Users\<user.\AppData\Local\Synergration. Once you import the old config everything is back and works. Note: you have to remove and re-add OpenSync in the integrated applications of QuickBooks under the Windows user account that will be running OpenSync.

I was concerned about the new data typing affecting all my current SQL Server views and stored procedures. So far all of those work. I will revisit these.

The problem I am having now is Windows Scheduled Tasks aren’t working for my table refreshes. I just submitted a ticket to try and get help on this. I’m sure it is something simple but this goes back to the documentation.

I hope this helps you in your decision. Let me know if there is any further information you need. Have a great day.

Patricia
    Participant

Hello Yair;

The notes on your recent update were very useful to me.
    I have a few more questions:
    1. Did you have to do full rebuild after your update?
    2. Did you update your ODBC driver? (I am on 5.1)

Thanks in advance!
    Pat

Yair
    Participant

@Patricia I did not do the update yet you must mean Kfish01,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.