OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Opensync 2 & 3 same server

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 6 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

kevin
    Premium Member

Does anyone know (Including Synergration) if you can install opensync 3 on the same server that you have a running version of 2 on?

I was wondering if changing the install path would allow this, or is the registry going to get trashed?

Anyone tried this please let me know.

I am going to have to install version 3 soon due to QB 2020 being installed.

Thanks

Kevin Driscoll

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

No, you shouldn’t have both versions installed on the same computer. Uninstall OpenSync v2 then install OpenSync v3. OpenSync v3 is capable to import the configuration file automatically o manually; up to you.

kevin
    Premium Member

Well here is the problem then
    I can’t even see the differences in the schemas in MySQL.

I need to be able to compare the schemas so I know what to do with all the programming where I am accessing the database.

I tried downloading your access sample dB but that is NOT the schema created from opensync 3

Can you provide a schema export?

Kevin

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Did you create a new database with OpenSync v3? The table fields are properly data typed and there are new fields.

kevin
    Premium Member

You said I can’t install on the same server.
    I tried installing it on my local laptop but that doesn’t have QuickBooks on it.

Should I still be able to see the database if it doesn’t have a company file to go against?

Kevin Driscoll

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

As long you can access to the company file and the database through your network. You should be good to go.

kevin
    Premium Member

Yea, well evidently not,
    I created a new mysql database on my laptop, configured it using the opensync browser.
    New I opened the opensync configuration it show the database I created.
    No tables created which I would expect.
    I try to add the company file and I get this:
    Make sure the company file you wish to add is open in quickbooks(which i dont have) and that you are logged in under admin.

Just need to compare schemas…..

Kevin Driscoll

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

kevin
    Premium Member

Hello?
    I never got an answer to my question…..

Kevin Driscoll

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

That window is just telling you that to add a company file from QB, it needs to be opened and log in as admin or full user access. If you only want to comparate schema then you have to open the database that you just create and the other database that you have already created with OpenSync v2 and the comparate. There is no function on OpenSync v3 to comparate database schema from v2 to v3. I don’t understand what would you need to comparate a schema when the OpenSync v3 support database from OpenSync v2(in case you don’t want to create a new database) and of course the database that OpenSync v3 creates.

kevin
    Premium Member

Again it didn’t create a database I created the database called open_3
    And when I go to the configuration it sees the database but there are no tables.

If your saying that opensync will create the tables too
    Then PLEASE explain how
    Step by step

Kevin

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

can you call me, please? 813-727-9476. Because I don’t understand if you created or not the database.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.