OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync okay to change varchar(255) to varchar(MAX)?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Raymond 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Raymond
    Participant

The Note field in the additionalnotesdetail table is set to varchar(255) (SQL Server).

That ends up cutting off some of the notes. Is it okay to change this field to varchar(MAX)?

Thanks.

Raymond
    Participant

So there is another problem with this table.

I have a customer that has three notes in QB but the additionalnotesdetail table has 21 rows of data for this customer. It has 7 identical copies of each of the three notes.

This table does not have a primary key so I wonder if that is part of the problem?

Raymond
    Participant

Okay, so I deleted all the records in the additionalnotesdetail table. The plan was to create a new task to re-populate this table and hope that eliminates the duplicate records. The problem is that the additionalnotesdetail table does not appear in the list of tables in OpenSync so I can’t create a task to re-populate just this one table.

I also tried running a “refresh all tables” task which completed successfully but did not seem to notice that the additionalnotesdetail was empty and did not repopulate it.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Which version of OpenSync are you running? Yes, It is ok to change to MAX.
    Are the “NoteID” the same value?

Raymond
    Participant

Using version 3.0.18.

I changed the field to MAX and I managed to repopulate the additionalnotesdetail table by setting the status of all Customer records to UPDATE and running an Update & Refresh task on the Customers table. Evidently the additionalnotesdetail table is one of those hidden tables that can only be updated if its “master” table is updated.

But I still have no idea why OpenSync is creating duplicate notes records for some customers. Yes, the NoteID value is the same for the duplicate records.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I will need to see what is QuickBooks is sending. On the main windows please go to File->Option and check the Trade Update option please. You will have to do the same thing in order to collect that data. Then, on the main windows go to Help->Send Diagnostics so I can get those log files please.
    thanks

Raymond
    Participant

I am planning to recreate and repopulate all the tables this weekend because of the data type problem detailed in my other post. If the duplicate Note records are still there after the rebuild, I will send you the log files.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Sounds perfect. Thanks

Raymond
    Participant

The additionalnotesdetail table is a mess. I have one customer with three notes (IDs 0, 1, & 2) but OpenSync has created 135 records with those same three ID numbers repeated dozens of times each.

My guess is that the problem with this particular table is due to the fact that it doesn’t have a primary key. Perhaps if you used a composite primary key from NoteID and IDKEY (customer ID) fields?

Raymond
    Participant

Any update to the problem with the additionalnotesdetail table creating multiple entries of the same record?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.