Home Forums CoreObjX / DB Object variable or With block variable not set when trying to connect

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wberger
    Participant

I am using the trial download. When trying to use the Connect method, I am receiving an error message of: Object variable or With block variable not set. I have tried several attempts and all fail:

qbConn.Connect(“”, “”, qbEnumFileOpenMode.qbOpenModeDontCare);
    qbConn.Connect(“”, “SampleApp”, CoreObjX80.qbEnumFileOpenMode.qbOpenModeDontCare, fileName);
    qbConn.Connect(“”, “SampleApp”, CoreObjX80.qbEnumFileOpenMode.qbOpenModeDontCare);

I have read in the forum to target x86 platform, and I have done that. Targeting x64 fails faster than targeting x86.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Check if the application that you are using to create your app is running as admin, so QuickBooks has to run as an admin as well.

wberger
    Participant

FYI that the fix was to download OpenSync and use the CoreObX DLL’s from that folder. I believe there is something missing or corrupt in the CoreObjX install.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

You have to target x86 always because CoreObjX is implemented using vb6 and bv6 doesn’t support x64.
    Which version is the one that you are using?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.