OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Not a Valid Task Name

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Crawford 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

accounting15
    Participant

I am trying to run a task using the Command Line and OSRun, but am getting an error message saying it’s not a valid task name. What steps do I need to take to correct this?

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

1. Obviously, insure that the task name is indeed valid.
    2. If you are running in a remote access environment/Terminal Server configuration, the OpenSync configuration may be mapped to a virtual folder using the naming convention Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Synergration\OpenSync. In this scenario, the configuration program will write the config file (OSConfig.XML) to this folder while OSRun will look in c:\Program Data\Synergration\OpenSync. By copying the file into C:\Program Data… OSRun should find the task.

accounting15
    Participant

Followed Step 2 – Working now.

Thank you!

Manager
    Participant

I am having the same issue. I am not on remote or mapped drives. Software installed on my c: drive. I can find both the \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Synergration\OpenSync folder and the c:\Program Data\Synergration\OpenSync folder with the config file in it.
    To run the OSrun command, I use the following command.
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Synergration\OpenSync\osrun” Contacts
    and the return is Error: Path/File access error
    What would be the proper command?

Manager
    Participant

Any help please?
    I am not on remote or mapped drives. Software installed on my c: drive.
    I have noticed that the folder created by windows is ProgramData, not “Program Data”
    I created new folder “c:\Program Data\Synergration\OpenSync” and copied all the files in to that.
    To run the OSrun command, I use the following command.
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Synergration\OpenSync\osrun” Contacts
    and the return is
    Running task: Contacts
    Error: Path/File access error
    What is wrong?

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

Check two things:

1. Make sure the User Access Control in Windows is set to the lowest level.
    2. Make sure the folder C:\Program Data\Synergration has permissions set to allow all users full control.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.