OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync "non opensync database"

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tchittenden
    Participant

I just downloaded and installed the free trial of OpenSync. I’m setting up a connection to a SQL database on the same server as OpenSync AND QuickBooks are installed.
    When creating the SQL database connection, I put in “localhost” as the server, supply a database name, username (that is a sysadmin in SQL) and password. I see that the database got created with all the appropriate tables. But if I click on the database entry, or try to configure a task, I get an error saying “[DOTNETLIB].[ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.” and after clicking OK on that, I see “Non OpenSync Database”.

What gives? OpenSync just used a SYSADMIN account to create that same database. Why does it now NOT like it?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Check on the server that the server is accepting IP connections.

tchittenden
    Participant

The SQL server. Correct, it was not set to allow IP connections.

Working now.

So the process that CREATES the database is obviously NOT running on an IP connection, because it was able to create the database just fine seconds before.

Thanks.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Yes, that is correct. Glad that is working now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.