OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync No Refresh is Occurring

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

colton
    Participant

The “populate from quickbooks” works fine but for my purposes, I can’t populate from quickbooks every time to update data because I’m interfacing with SQL which have triggers on the tables. I can see from the triggers that the populate works but refresh doesn’t work at all. Open Sync will say that every thing was successful with respect to refresh and the log files look as though they reflect this but no changes occur in the SQL table nor in my trigger table.

I saw from a different post that errors can occur if you’re only updating certain tables and not others so I imported every table and then I updated every table (after changes were made obviously), says it’s successful in both cases but no updates after populate.

We are planning on making a purchase but I need to know that this problem could be addressed.

colton
    Participant

Can I please get some kind of response on this issue, I’ve been very patient? I’ve sent in the logs already.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

These are the error that you are having. Can you check them please?

2017-10-03 12:31:32 -2147217873 BackWorker ExecuteBackground Error: Cannot insert the value NULL into column ‘OldValue’, table ‘testDB.dbo.audit’; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.: salesorderline in table salesorder
    2017-10-03 12:31:33 0 BackWorker CloseQbConnection: Close Connection
    2017-10-03 12:31:33 -1 WorkTracker Cannot insert the value NULL into column ‘OldValue’, table ‘testDB.dbo.audit’; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.: salesorderline in table salesorder:-2147217873
    2017-10-03 12:31:33 0 OpenSync:Runner ErrorExit: Cannot insert the value NULL into column ‘OldValue’, table ‘testDB.dbo.audit’; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.: salesorderline in table salesorder:-2147217873

colton
    Participant

This had to do with the SQL audit table set to a “not null” value rather than “null” value when creating the triggers. That error doesn’t occur anymore. Honestly I read through those logs and I don’t see anything wrong necessarily. Just that nothing is refreshing? I just updated the netframework but still to no avail.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

On the main windows go to File->Options and check “Trace Refreshes” then run the task. This will create an xml. It will be located in the same path of the log files. Can you send that xml file to me please.

riotquietly
    Participant

I’ve had trace on, I tagged the OSStatus and OSConfig. The individual refresh xml tables read that no changes have occurred “(A query request did not find a matching object in QuickBooks).”

colton
    Participant

Sorry, it signed me in a different email when I switched computers. Needed the trials on different computers

colton
    Participant

Did you get both of the XMLs?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Where did you send them to?

colton
    Participant

I attached it to the post, do you want me send them to the sales email rather?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

send them to opensync@synergration.com please

colton
    Participant

So I found a document of yours that stated that sample manufacturing files can’t be used in refreshes because they manipulate the dates in the QB file. Do you think this could be the catalyst?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Are you using a sample company file?

colton
    Participant

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town and didn’t have my email readily available. Yes, I’m using the sample company file. Once I switched, the problem went away. Of course now I’m dealing with a new problem but I believe it may be network related.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

ok, good to know that the problem went away.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.