OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Multi-Terminal Server environment and Licensing…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Brien
    Premium Member

We’ve got a cluster of 3 load balanced terminal servers. The broker determines which server the user is sent to… Am I correct that I will need to buy 3 licenses for OpenSync?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

If you need the connection from each server. Yes, you will need a license per server.

Brien
    Premium Member

ok… I have purchased the additional two licenses, but now I have another problem. This is a terminal server farm, so our users login to a broker that chooses the most available server. Regardless of which server the user logs into, they will use their same windows profile. Every time a user gets moved from one server to another, they are forced to reauthenticate opensync. Is there anything I can do about this?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

What do you mean when you say “reauthenticate OpenSync”. Are you talking about the license or the company? file logging?

Brien
    Premium Member

The license. OpenSync apparently stores licensing information per user, per server. Because all of our servers use the same user profile, when user “A” activates opensync on server 1, when they login the next day and are randomly sent to server 2 or 3, the licensing info stored in their profile is invalid because it is for server 1. Every time the broker sends a user to a different server, the user has to re-validate the license.

Brien
    Premium Member

@yudel Do you have any suggestions? Every time my users login, they are having to enter registration information.

Could it be as easy as changing the name of the registration file to include the host name, so our users could register on multiple servers from the same profile? I realize that this would require coding on your end…

I’m trying to avoid forcing users to a single server because that will defeat our load-balancing efforts. I suppose I could stand up another server just for OpenSync, but that seems like a waste of a windows license.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

each license work for one computer and no limit on the user on that computer. if you have multiple servers, you will need a license for each server.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Can I have your order number, please? I can issue a local registration for you and you shouldn’t have that problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.