OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Migration to new server

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

service1
    Participant

We currently have OpenSync 2.0 installed on a Windows 2012 R2 server and are moving to Windows 2016. We have migrated SQL and Quickbooks 2018 to the new server and now we have to migrate OpenSync.

I have tried to install the existing version of OpenSync 2.0 to the Windows 2016 server, and although it installs and runs, it does not save any configurations I put in. So, I thought most likely that it is not compatible with Windows 2016 or maybe, since I don’t have a valid license for that server, it wouldn’t work.

So, I installed a trial copy of OpenSync 3.0 and it seems to work in trial mode and saves the config as needed. Great.

So I guess I have two questions.

1. Is v2 not compatible with Windows 2016 like I suspect? or is it because it isn’t licensed? or am I just missing something?

2. Is there an upgrade license path whereas we don’t pay full price for the new copy of v3 when v2 is being decommissioned?

I guess the second question is more of a sales question, so I probably need to reach out to them.

Thanks

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

You will have to pay for the update. Please give me your order number, so I can email you the upgrade price.
    Regards,

service1
    Participant

I have serial number and registration code. Can you use either of these in lieu of an order number?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I will need your order number or the email that was used to purchased the order.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.