OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Merging Items with OpenSync

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  purchasing1 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

purchasing1
    Participant

Hello,

i don’t mind paying for priority service but i would like to know if the following is even possible.

We have around 15,000 iteminventory items that are no longer in use. We would like to merge all of them together by using UPDATE to rename them to a catchall item. However, we receive various errors (previously sent via the OpenSync log file).

If this is not possible, is there a way (access module we can download etc etc) to recreate the entire existing database (all items, sales codes, customers, vendors, etc. etc.) after a certain transaction date into a newly created company file using ADD? At the moment, i can only see having to go through every single table and doing this, and that’s simply not feasible.

if either of the above are doable then i will pay for the priority for the solution.

btw we are using QuickBooks enterprise 16.0 and OpenSync 3.0.28

thank you for your help.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Hello
    That can be possible. You can buy a phone call support but we can do a remote session and I can guide you through the whole process. I will put the link here: https://synergration.com/software/phonesupport/
    When you place the order I will get an email confirmation and I can contact you through that way.
    regards,

purchasing1
    Participant

i have purchased the phone support so please let me know what you need me to do ahead of time so that i am ready when we speak on the phone.

i would prefer to change all the items that have not been used in two years and consolidate them under a different parent.

for example:

iteminventory fullname
    Sales Categories:Tool & Supply:AcmeTool:widgit001
    Sales categories:Telecom:PowerAcme:object100
    etc. etc.

updated to merge to:
    A-Unused Items

so far this has created errors every way i try to do it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.