OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync License key not found

This topic contains 37 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  tlevine 5 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

jram1220
    Participant

We are having the same issue. My email address is jram1220@gmail.com if anyone has an update.

jram1220
    Participant

Scott and Tony looks like you guys are premium members. Is their any better support on the premium forum?

tony722
    Premium Member

It’s the same forum as everyone else. Supposedly we’re supposed to get responses faster than the rest when we post….

tony722
    Premium Member

One workaround until we hear from Synergration: use OSrun.exe–it doesn’t check for license, so if you have the profile setup already you can run it this way:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Synergration\OpenSync\OSRun.exe” <YOUR TASK NAME HERE>

If you can’t remember the exact task names go to:
    %localappdata%\Synergration\OpenSync\OSConfig.xml

and look for lines that start with:
    <Task Name =

I also have a patched version of OpenSync Config app that fixes the issue. I will post it next week if we don’t hear from Synergration or if the issue isn’t resolved by then.

robert9
    Participant

I moved to letsync as Kang did. At least you get support. Don’t think we are going to get support from them

gurtejsingh
    Participant

Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting the patch. It works good.

gurtejsingh
    Participant

you are the man,, saved me lots of work. what do you suggest for long term usage of OpenSync !!

spestillo
    Participant

Thank you Tony!!! You saved me hours of work tonight.

cfuller
    Participant

I wanted to throw my hat in the ring to say I’m having the same problem. I need to set up a new company, so I’m not sure the command line trick will work for me.

For those who switched to Letsync, how was the transition? I haven’t made that jump yet because I was told the database structure was slightly different so I assume I will need to make changes to my program to get it to work. 🙁

Thanks!

robert9
    Participant

It is much better and faster. The changes aren’t much and you get really fast support, and help with the difference. You get a remote session, call, all to get me up and running. And LetSync is really faster. Hope works for you as it did for me.

Timothy Eloe
    Participant

THIS IS THE WORST KIND OF SCAM!!!!

THE PHONE NUMBER ON Synergration’s Website goes to the NEW ‘LetSync’ owner – who told me the best option is to go with his company.

He even said “you can’t compete with a permanent license”

So it looks like what he’s done is kill OpenSync – or let it die – and now has an annual subscription software to replace it!

Timothy Eloe
    Participant

Who is ‘Robert9’? How come the only posts you have here begin in October – when OpenSync has effectively died – and all your comments are “switch to LetSync”???

yudelrosales
    Participant

Hello everyone here.

I had to create an account on this forum to clarify the phone situation. Synegration let me go without notice. I don’t have access to their system, either I cannot do anything to kill OpenSync or any process, application, license, error codes, etc. I am getting the calls because they left my phone number on their contact page. I emailed them asking for the phone number to be removed. They haven’t done it yet as you all can see. If you are having an error with OpenSync, please don’t call me because that is my phone number I cannot do anything about it. Email them.

Timothy Eloe, I am happy to pass your post to my legal team because you are accusing me of something that I haven’t done. And I wouldn’t because it is technically impossible and unethical. Your comments are damaging my reputation and my company’s reputation. I think that is enough ground for the legal team. I will advise you to remove your post or you will be held responsible for your unfounded accusations.

Best Regards,
    Yudel Rosales

yudelrosales
    Participant

Hello everyone. Do not call 813-727-9476 for OpenSync support. That is not a Synergration phone number. They haven’t updated the contact page.
    Regards,
    Yudel Rosales

tony722
    Premium Member

I need to set up a new company, so I’m not sure the command line trick will work for me.

Here is the service patch allowed me to use the Config UI, the Scheduler Service, and the Command Line without the licensing issue. So it should allow you to do what you need to to get going.

Here’s a link to download it:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjdEtWfoaCV3a8geYX094xyhSNg?e=YB5oUa

That said I think the road forward with Synergration is limited unless they resurrect their company. For example the application works up to Quickbooks 2021 and while I haven’t tested this, it may not with QB 2022 or later.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.