OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync License key not found

This topic contains 38 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  tlevine 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

kang
    Participant

Hello,

We have been using Opensync v3.0 without issue, but today encountered an error where the program is showing that it is not registered. When we attempt to re-register the software using our activation key, it gives us an error saying the key was not found on the server. Assistance to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you!

eduardo
    Participant

Hi, this is not a solution. But I’m experiencing the same issue today.

Jeff
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same issue too.

Diana
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same issue too. Help please

eduardo
    Participant

Not long ago I got this email from OpenSync:

Hello,

OpenSync is having a compatibility issue with Windows, database servers, and QuickBooks because Windows is dropping support for vb6 written software. If OpenSync is working for you, glad to hear that but if it is not this will be the recommendation for the next step. Unfortunately, there is nothing that I can do on my end to fix that issue. But, I can offer you the new application that I have as a solution.
    We have a new application and a new environment where maintenance plans and customer service are included. The new application won’t have restrictions on reading and writing from/to the QuickBooks option. You will have full functionality.
    We can set up a remote session to guide you through the new environment.

And encouraging me to buy the new product now on letsyncsolution.com, which is a yearly subscription.
    Frankly I think we are all out of luck, and just by looking at this forum’s spam posts. Synergration will soon be history…
    Too bad…

eduardo
    Participant

Still, it’s a bad handling of this issue… Because the screen from the License wizard can lead you to the option of “Buy Now”, for a product that no longer works.
    I’m hoping my assumptions are all wrong.

kang
    Participant

Given the lack of response, as well as what we were told by the developer of the program when we called the support number, I think the program is orphaned and no longer being supported?

Whoever answered the support number let us know that they were no longer with Synergration.

Unfortunately at this time it seems that we’re stuck with a program that is non-useable despite having paid for it.

We are looking at converting over to use the letsyncsolution.com product as well. I believe the developer of Opensync is the one who is responsible for this product. At the very least we have been able to reach and speak with someone directly with our questions on the new product.

Best of luck to the rest of you in the same situation as us- I hope that someone replies to our requests, but I don’t believe that assistance is forthcoming.

Diana
    Participant

I also contacted the support number and the answer was the same, however, this product is still for sale, on August 31 we bought a new license for another company, they took time to send me the key, finally after many emails to sales @ synegration, they sent it to us and within days the other licenses began to have problems.

it29
    Participant

This issue just began for us over night. Anyone have luck getting things restored?

sssikora
    Premium Member

I am having this issue now as well. Still no success by anyone?

Thanks,
    Scott

it29
    Participant

I have 2 keys for this software. 1 was deactivated and the other has been offline for almost a year. I spun up my old instance and updated the OpenSync software and it still worked fine but I shut it back down for now. Are they querying usage and disabling keys to force upgrade…? Hope not…

With that being said I know this isn’t a solution but if you create a new Windows instance, install QB and open company file once, install the OpenSync trial, copy and paste the contents from the non-working machine to C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\synergration, it will continue syncing from where you left off.

It’s BS that we have to buy a new license for a different software that does the same task. I paid for a lifetime license, twice. Poor business practices. At least give your current customers a free key for a year, life, or a steep discount.

johnson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Jordan
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. Waiting for a resolution to this. Has anyone else found a fix for this?

ted.olson
    Participant

If I don’t hear back from them soon I will be turning this over to our legal department.

tony722
    Premium Member

Just says license not found. Is this a temporary issue or do I need to do something? We’re down right now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘OpenSync’ is closed to new topics and replies.