Tagged: iteminventory slow v3
I’m running OpenSync v3 (latest version)
I dumped 13,000 items into the item inventory table in sql server. Then, I tried running an update to upload them into quickbooks. This is a brand new quickbooks file that we’ll be using for 2018, so it’s pretty minimally sized. The problem is that it is only uploading about 1 record every minute! No error messages, and it keeps going, but the speed is WAY TOO SLOW.
I turned up the logging in QuickBooks to verbose, and it looks like between every request it is reading the whole item inventory table (at least that’s what I think it’s doing). Here is the XML request that QB says is taking nearly a minute…
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE QBXML PUBLIC '-//INTUIT//DTD QBXML QBD 13.0//EN' >
<QBXMLMsgsRq onError = "continueOnError">
Instead of waiting for the items to populate, I went ahead and uploaded them via an IIF file. However, I’m still having issues. Today, for example, my users added 8 new items into our new application. The application enters those into the ItemInventory table, which took about 20 minutes to upload 8 items! Like I mentioned above, I believe that OpenSync is reading the ENTIRE table EVERY time it inserts an item. Please help!
I should also mention, we are working with brand new QB files. They do have 13k items, but they don’t have hardly any transactions yet.
To add another problem to the pile, I just realized that the refresh (also on iteminventory) is not fully populating the table. It populated about 3,000 out of 13,000. However, if I go back and do a full populate, then everything comes over. Why doesn’t the refresh work?
Can you send the log file please? To do that go to Help->Send Diagnostics on the main windows.
I got your log files. I will go back to you through email shortly.
have these been resolved, since we are having the same issues
OpenSync will add record by record. If you have a fresh file, it will take a long time. After that, you can create an schedule task that updates it periodically. Sorry for the inconveniences.
The problem isn’t that it inserts one by one, the problem is that every single insert reads the ENTIRE table (as confirmed by watching the QB logs – see my first post on this thread). Therefore, the first few go in with no problem, but as the table grows it gets slower and slower. These guys could easily fix it by adding a filter in the QBXML command to retrieve just the new item that was added (or at least I could easily fix it if I had access to their source code), but they haven’t. I had to find my own work around. You’ll be better off using an IIF file for the initial import!
OpenSync will only pick the records that have ADD on the status field. You only need that for the new records. hace the status field empty for the old ones and only put ADD for the new records.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.