OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Initial company file population

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bmarinello 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

bmarinello
    Participant

We are just starting to try out OpenSync. Quickbooks 2018 is on our local server, the same place that we have installed Opensync. We have gotten in the quick start as far as connecting to our remote mysql database, which is working fine. We also have someone logged in to Quickbooks as admin from another desktop. After we do the “company, new”, there is no notification to the Quickbooks admin user as is described in the help info. Does the Quickbooks user have to be on the same computer as the Opensync application? Or is there something else that we are missing?

bmarinello
    Participant

Although I have not received any help on this support forum, I will continue this saga hoping for assistance. I was able to connect to Quickbooks by installing QB on the same machine as the Opensync application. However, now Opensync is complaining about the database which it had connected to before successfully. The error message, upon trying to run the populate task, is: “Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager Data source name not found and no default driver specified.”

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

QuickBooks and OpenSync have to be installed on the same computer. You have to have OpenSync v3 to support QuickBooks 2018. You need to have odbc 32 bit and 64 bit installed.

bmarinello
    Participant

Thanks for your response. The mysql driver appears in odbc 32 bit, but does not show in odbc 64 bit. I downloaded new 32 and 64 bit drivers, but the 64 bit mysql driver still does not appear under drivers in the ODBC Data Source Administrator. In 32 bit the connection tests fine in the ODBC Data Source Administrator, but apparently Opensync is not seeing that. So now I am concentrating on how to get the 64 bit ODBC Data Source Administrator to find the driver. If you have any tips on that, I would appreciate it. I still wonder why the database connection tested fine when I first started Opensync, but now complains with “Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager Data source name not found and no default driver specified.”

bmarinello
    Participant

The initial population task is now running. The key was installing a new mysql 32 bit driver. It turns out the 64 bit driver was fine.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I am glad to hear that.

bmarinello
    Participant

Have come to the point of populating the transactions table in mysql from Quickbooks. This is probably the largest table. The task hangs on “Querying Quickbooks” and will not respond to Stop or Cancel. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I will need to see at the log files please. Can you send them?

bmarinello
    Participant

Ok, log file is attached

bmarinello
    Participant

I copied the file to opensync.txt since it complains about opensync.log

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

bmarinello
    Participant

Still hoping for help here. We have done a repair on the Quickbooks database, but we still have a problem populating our database from the QB transaction table. Here is a log of today’s attempt:

2019-01-29 08:44:41 0 OSMonitor Loading
    2019-01-29 08:45:15 0 OpenSync:Runner Runner: Start task reftrans
    2019-01-29 08:45:15 0 WorkTracker Init
    2019-01-29 08:45:15 0 WorkTracker Starting task: reftrans
    2019-01-29 08:45:15 0 BackWorker ExecuteBackground Begin
    2019-01-29 08:45:37 0 BackWorker MakeQbConnection: Connection Opened
    2019-01-29 08:45:38 0 BackWorker Refresh table Transaction
    2019-01-29 08:55:49 0 OSMonitor Loading

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

You need to send the log files through OpenSync. Go to help->Send diagnostics

bmarinello
    Participant

Thanks for your response. At this point, our trial has expired and I have requested an extension. Once I get the extension, I will send the files through OpenSync as you suggest.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

I will email you a new trial license.

bmarinello
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.