OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Incorrect string value

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #63428

    Paul
    Participant

    We have a desktop application that use opensync to sync Quickbooks from local to remote database, and I am doing a test with local dev environment. when I try to sync, Opensync reported error and I found this error in log:

    It seems relate to UTF8 encoding, I did check MySqL database table on remote host, they are all using collation “utf8_unicode_ui”. and I saw there are 13 records were inserted in account table. Seems trying to insert the 14th records that has “\xE9bec” then triggered this error. “\xE9” is utf8 character “é”.

    Any idea what the problem is and is there a solution?

    #63435

    Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

    Are you populating or refreshing? Which version of OpenSync are you using?

    #63443

    Paul
    Participant

    Both populate or refreshing has same error.
    I don’t know the version of OpenSync in use, I believe it is quiet old, and the desktop application is a custom application that use some DLL’s, if you know how to figure out the OpenSync version in use, please let me know. Thanks.

    #63444

    Paul
    Participant

    For test purpose, I start a new company profile in QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2018, without any data entry.

    When I tried to sync, here is another error I found in another error log “CoreObjXDB”,

    From the error, seems it is trying insert a tax record to Account table for Canada’s “GST/QST”, QST is for Quebéc, I think that’s where unicode \xE9 from in “description” field of Account table.

    #63445

    Paul
    Participant

    Just confirmed OpenSync is version 2.0.

    #63449

    Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

    OpenSync v2 doesn’t support QB 2018. You have to upgrade to OpenSync v3.

    #63451

    Paul
    Participant

    We do sync the sample company profile with qB2018, and it works fine. however this particular issue about “incorrect string value” when using accents, or some special symbol, should not related to “features”, but utf8 encodings. I confirmed with our customer support team, this problem was there before QB 2018 and they had to suggest customers do not use accents in the past.

    #63453

    Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

    Oh, that is great then. You can fix that on your database. You can configure your database to use especial symbol. And you will be fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.