OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Huge performance increase

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  vabello 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

vabello
    Participant

This isn’t really a problem with OpenSync necessarily, but I wanted to share this in case it helps anyone else. If you’re seeing very poor performance with MSSQL as your external database, check and see if you’re using SQL Integrated Authentication for the database connection. I found that when configured like this, there was a bottleneck in the Windows lsass.exe process where the OpenSync application was running. This may be specific to the operating system version and I’m running this on Windows Server 2012 R2 at the moment. Anyway, I just created a standard SQL user instead and had the database configured to use SQL credentials instead of Integrated Authentication. I no longer see that bottleneck in lsass.exe consuming CPU when pushing data to SQL, and my record updates when repopulating the entire database appear to be somewhere close to 20x faster than before in my environment. I’ve already done about 30,000 records from my Bill table in 30 minutes which used to take hours.

I hope this might help someone else.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.