OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync How Can I Tell When SQL Server Last Updated?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HM21 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

richard1
    Participant

Great product – thank you for all the hard that went into building this!!

Here’s my question:

If I schedule OpenSync to run every hour, I will not know exactly when it finishes each hour. I want to create a job/script on SQL server that will run AFTER the sync has finished. So, I need to know where to look to see 1) if the sync ran, 2) is it still running and/or 3) is it finished.

Where should I look (which table/field) to determine if/when OpenSync last finished syncing? Or, its status, etc?

Tom Crawford
    Keymaster

We are planning on adding the ability to execute a SQL statement at the end of a task in version 3 but that won’t be available until late this summer. With version 2 you can check the history table which will be updated when a tack completes or enable database logging (File – Options). With database loging enabled, OpenSync will log all operations to a table named os_log in the database.

HM21
    Participant

With reference to the above post

“We are planning on adding the ability to execute a SQL statement at the end of a task in version 3 but that won’t be available until late this summer.”

Is this feature available now and if so how to use it? I could not find a mention in help file.

HM21
    Participant

I enabled database logging under options and ran a “Populate” task but I don’t see a table named os_log in sql database. What else needs to be done to enable database logging?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.