OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Have to open QB periodically

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  brywhi 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

brywhi
    Participant

Hi-
    I have OpenSync 3 installed for a two clients, sending data to Azure SQL.

I’ve had trouble with the reliability of the tool. It seems that sync doesn’t reliably run. In each environment, OpenSync is installed on it’s own machine where OpenSync is the primary function, and users don’t log on to it. I’m using Windows Task Scheduler to run OSRun.exe [task name] instead of OSRunner, as it seems OSRunner hangs sometimes and doesn’t recover. We’re also running Opensync under a dedicated Opensync QB user.

Stuff I’ve tried:
    1. Scheduled reboots- I used windows task scheduler to reboot the machine regularly. Doesn’t seem to help.
    2. Kill QB and QB related exe’s before starting the sync in the bat file that launches OSRun. Doesn’t seem to help.
    3. Lots of prayer. Doesn’t seem to help.

It seems the only way to get it running again if it’s stuck is to log into QB manually and then close out of QB. Then, everything is fine. Sometimes there’s a dialog box I have to OK out of (Update for QB available, expired password, etc.) Ideally, after installing and configuring OpenSync, I’d be able to be completely hands off and just trust Opensync to get me the data I need on a regular basis.

Any suggestions? I’d love to deploy this soltuon to more clients, but it is a lot of work for me to babysit Opensync.

I’ve attached the .bat file I’m using for one of my clients as an example. This seems to work the best compared to anything else I’ve changed, but I still have to log in about once a week to give it some shock therapy.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

brywhi
    Participant

Bump.

Can someone help?

brywhi
    Participant

Any ideas anyone?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.