OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Generate price v.s. cost

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  nfisher 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nfisher
    Participant

OK .. my boss is asking me to be able to generate a report that has the following:

Sales v.s. Costs per rep per month.

We have an external to QB quoting software that generates our cost for each item that we sell, and the sales person is free to mark it up however much he thinks the customer will pay. So this external software has information per invoice of cost and sell prices. E.g. it may have $600 for us to produce an item, and we sell it to the customer for $1100.

For the past 6 months or so I’ve been pulling information from this other program and generated invoices in QB for each sale that we made .. it’s been working great. But of course now the boss wants more information — a way to evaluate each sales person and say what kinds of margins they have been achieving.

We’d like to have some kind of report that lists sales for the rep of $1100 for that month, and cost of $600.

I’ve looked in QB and it appears you can add time or costs to an invoice, but you have to have some assigned to the company to allocate it to the invoice. We’ve also looked at the invoice -> Sales Order -> Invoice process, and it appears you can enter information that way. I’m just not sure how to do it .. how to tie an estimate to a sales order to an invoice and get a valid report that shows our cost v.s. sales for each rep.

Any pointers to where to look would be appreciated!

nfisher
    Participant

One clarification — our costs ARE already put into quickbooks, just not on a per-customer basis. I.e. we have labor that’s put in as “production labor”, we have materials that come in that go into our products that are recorded, etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.