OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Failed: Could not start QuickBooks.: -2147220472

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Patricia
    Participant

Hello,

On Friday I updated QB Enterprise from 2019 to 2020. I am running OpenSync 3.0.29.
    I deleted the OpenSync integrated app in Quickbooks, deleted my task and deleted my Company File.
    I created a new Company file SUCCESSFULLY. I was able to see the certificate come up and completed as usual. I recreated my task – a RefreshUpdate of about 10 tables.

When I manually run my task the UI (OS Log) returns the error: Failed: Could not start QuickBooks.: -2147220472
    In the QB log I see two errors from the RequestProcessor:
    Could not open the provided QuickBooks data file.
    Could not find or create an instance of QuickBooks using InstanceFinder hr = 80040403

I find this odd since OpenSync easily found the open company file when I created the new Company File.

I have also seen this error in the QB log:
    The provided data file C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\Brilleneyes.QBW was modified by QuickBooks version -1 and it is not supported by SDK.

I have attached the QB log.

So, I am stuck until I hear from you.

Patricia
    Participant

I am dead in the water until someone addresses my question.
    Thanks

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Make sure that OpenSync is running at the same level on windows that QuickBooks is. I recommend that both run as admin.

Patricia
    Participant

I have ensured that both are running as Admin.

So, when I create the Quickbooks connection I get the handshake, and I can see I am pointing at QB in the correct location, but when I do a manual run, I cannot connect. What else to look at?
    I must say, I am relieved you are around, Yudel!

Patricia
    Participant

A question: when connecting to do a manual task, does a space in a folder name matter? We now have QB installed in Intuit\Quickbooks\Company File\****.qbw
    The file name is long:
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\Brilleneyes.QBW

Just another straw to grab…

Patricia
    Participant

Hello again, Yudel,

Going back to your comment: Make sure that OpenSync is running at the same level on windows that QuickBooks is.

I do not have a Windows user called OpenSync. We have never done that. We only have one user on the machine – that user is an Admin. The machine is always logged in as this Admin user.

Patricia
    Participant

I have double checked. The user that OpenSync connects as is ‘OpenSync’ and this user has FullAccess to Quickbooks.
    This is how we have run for the last 6 years with no problems…

Patricia
    Participant

I have figured out how to run Opensync as Administrator – it was always set that way. No effect on the issue at hand.

Patricia
    Participant

We installed a trial version of OpenSync on a client machine and it connects to our Company File. We notice differences in the log. In the trial version the integrity level was 2000 (it connected) and in the server/licensed version the integrity was 3000. The trial version worked when we did NOT run OS as Administrator: did NOT work if we did run OS as Administrator. See attached images.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Patricia
    Participant

After stopping our Server version from running OpenSync as Administrator, the QB log shows Integrity Level 2000, but still cannot connect:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Patricia
    Participant

Can someone provide a little insight into this issue, please?

Patricia
    Participant

Hello. I am at it again. My customer must run important reports today.
    Recap:
    Opensync still will not open Quickbooks to run a task. I get the handshake when I create the company file and I complete the Certificate, but when I run a task, I get the Could not Open Quickbooks file (see above)
    I installed opensync on a client machine with a Trial Version and I could connect from the client machine and run a task.

Thanks – I am up a few hours early to address this issue…
    Pat

Patricia
    Participant

I am trying again – in the QB log I see this message:
    The provided data file C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\Brilleneyes.QBW was modified by QuickBooks version -1 and it is not supported by SDK.

Please help.

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Was OpenSync working on that computer before? If so how long
    Did you try to uninstall and install OpenSync? I will recommend it
    I meant OpenSync as software running at the same level of windows security that QuickBooks is running.

Patricia
    Participant

OpenSync has been running on the machine for several YEARS.
    I updated Quickbooks from 2019 to 2021 on Dec 18. We moved the company file to a new location on the disk – this was Intuit’s idea because client machines were struggling to connect.
    After the upgrade, I deleted the Integrated App in QB, reinstalled Opensync,abd ran it as Administrator. I created a new db and Company file. When creating the Company file in OpenSync, I got the handshake with Quickbooks and the Integrated App was certified.
    When I tried to run a task, I got the message that ‘Failed: Could not start QuickBooks.: -2147220472’

In the QB log I see this strange message: (WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?)

Thanks,
    Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.