OpenSync

Home Forums OpenSync Failed: Could not start QuickBooks.: -2147220472

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Yudel Rosales 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jhoncarlosmanlulu
    Participant

i have upgraded my quickbooks enterprise 2021 after that i also upgraded my opensync to 3.0.29
    when i run the task it show me here Failed: Could not start QuickBooks.: -2147220472.
    what is the solution here?

Mike Sutton
    Participant

Please see my post “Open Sync V3.0.29 will not engage “start” (auto run)”. Can you run task(s) manually?

If not, it sounds like you have an “integrated application” issue and QB has not been setup to allows OS permission to access the .QBW file.

Frank
    Premium Member

I’m having the same issue. Mike, your previous post re: updating compatibility to run as administrator worked to get Open Sync to open. But now I’m getting the Could Not Start QuickBooks error. Any advice for a not-so-tech-savvy user? Thanks!

Frank Agin - AmSpirit

Frank
    Premium Member

I checked in QB integrated applications and Open Sync is listed as having permission to access the .QBW file.

Frank Agin - AmSpirit

Frank
    Premium Member

From a post from a year ago. This 3-step response seems to address the error message that I’ve been receiving. However, I need some support on Steps 2 and 3. Can someone offer some support here?

Step 1 – Remove authorization for OpenSync app in Quickbooks company preferences – DONE; no problem
    Step 2 – Delete “Company Files” profile in OpenSync. I tried to do this but get a message that this cannot be done because it is “bounded to one or more tasks”. I tried to unschedule the tasks but still get the same error message. Do I need to delete/remove each of the tasks (we have three) in order to delete the Company File?
    Step 3 – Re-add the Company File in OpenSync (generating a re-authorize in QB). This seems fairly straight forward and I have the steps in the Open Sync user’s manual. If I need to delete the tasks (Step 2), I will need to re-add them here, right? Easy to do?

I’m not too tech-savvy and I appreciate any help you can give us. Thanks!

Frank Agin - AmSpirit

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

If you upgrade from 20 to 21 make sure to remove OpenSync from Quickbooks a re-authorize it. Must if the time Quickbooks doesn’t carry the authorization to the new version.

Frank
    Premium Member

We are running QB Pro 2019. I have already removed OS from QB. If you scroll up you’ll see I posed very specific questions in a previous post. Can you please answer those?

Frank Agin - AmSpirit

Frank
    Premium Member

So, I still haven’t seen a response to the questions I posed three days ago. Aren’t Premium Members supposed to get responses within 23.5 hours?

Frank Agin - AmSpirit

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

In order to get the re-authorization, you don’t need to delete the company file from OpenSync. Just try to re-add it as a new company, this action will prompt the authorization windows on Quickbooks and it will get the authorization. OpenSync will give you an error telling you the company file already exist, but you know that and you already got the authorization in QuickBooks.

Frank
    Premium Member

Thanks for the guided assistance! We are back up and running now 🙂

Frank Agin - AmSpirit

Yudel Rosales
    Keymaster

Of course

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.